Oksana DROPS Domestic Violence Claim Against Mel!

5/4/2011 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a shocking move in court today ... Oksana Grigorieva just dropped her domestic violence claim against Mel Gibson.

1122_oksana_mel_EX_tmz_2

Oksana's lawyer, Dan Horowitz, announced to Judge Scott Gordon ... they would no longer be pursuing the claim that Mel's alleged violence against her is grounds to change the custody order.

Mel's lawyer, Stephen Kolodny and the judge were visibly shocked.

Sources tell us ... Oksana dropped the domestic violence claim as a gesture -- extending an olive branch in an attempt to settle the custody case.

And the DV protective order Oksana obtained -- prohibiting Mel from contacting or harassing her -- has also been terminated.  Sources connected with Oksana say she would like to be able to communicate directly with Mel, rather than using intermediaries.  No word on whether Mel feels the same way -- though we're guessing not.
050411_oksana_girgorieva_v2_video
Horowitz did not say if Oksana is still pursuing a civil lawsuit against Mel.

panchang810

She just wants MORE MONEY plain and simple. This beyotch probably realized if she will continue bashing Mel thru the media especially TMZ (LOL!) that will also mean she will lose all the chances to suck more money from her "baby daddy".

She's planning to seduce again Mel to have another baby with him. Their daughter will attend preschool soon and time passes quickly so she will need another baby to get more money. ;op

Abe

The truth is that filing domestic charges against Mel was hampering Oksana's ability to snag another rich sucker, er I mean man to marry her.

x

patty

She is nothing but a Leech who has something else up her sleeve!

She knows she will NOT win....

TEAM MEL

azlee

I just started talking to an old friend again the last two days. We never get to talk cause his gf is so jealous, but she abuses him all the time and he keeps going back. Right now we can talk cause she is jail for attacking him with a knife to the neck and I'll be darn if he will take her back because now he things she will change. I was like, ackkkkkkkkkkkkk. smack to your head!

lol

I hope he doesn't fall for it.....I just don't trust this woman.

jode

Thank you Oxy for finally realizing that this was not good for your child, your career and your sense of peace.

Psst. Mel..
Mel keep your phone off, your doors locked and your pants up because something is up!

kelly

She is up to something. I hope Mel never speaks to her with out a witness. " Tricked once, shame on you. Tricked twice, shame on me." as the old saying goes.She just couldn't stand that Mel will be in the news to plug his new film so she has to do something to get in the news.

@ TMZg-Chris I left an ans. to you on the other thread.

Zipper---Your fly is still open!!!!!

kelly81

Cujeaux

The timing is too suspicious so close to his movie. The big beaver got paid. It still won't stop the MM faithful from claiming a moral victory.

Who''s job is it to bl*w Mel now? Is he still with the laundry mat attendant?

Scott Guiher

Come on everyone, maybe she is extending this olive branch for the benefit of their child. The baby sure doesn't need to be in the middle of all this friction. Good for you Oksana, I hope that you and Mel could someday be friends if only for the child's benefit.

kali

Kelly, totally agree. She can never ever be trusted and I hope he never communicates with her directly.

ThinkingWoman

Speaks volumes of her credibility. The olive branches coming from her are interesting - pediatrician appointments and now this. Does she think this will somehow help her get her "good name" back? More likely she finally acknowledges she has no case. Mel already has nearly 50% custody.

azlee

Scott, I wish I could think that way but she has gone for the jugular for so long it is hard to see her changing her spots. Although I agree totally that the children don't need to be in all of this crap.

azlee

that report from national enquirer is haunting me, and they are only right a very little percentage of the time........but haunting me it is.

Frieda

ROFL!! No pay off (or the lawyer and judge wouldn't have been surprised!)
She is scared and her lawyers are even more scared of what could come out publicly IMO. She'll try to set him up all over again but it won't work.

CA Girl

She's changing her strategy, whatever it is. I don't trust her for a New York second. Her focus is different now, because her last strategy just wasn't working to her advantage. Public opinion has turned against her for the most part. Mr. Gibson will eventually get his mojo back with the public, even if it's not with some of his previous supporters (too much bad press, etc.) And if he's REALLY REALLY SMART THIS TIME, he'll be VERY VERY CAREFUL all the way around, always have someone WITH him from HIS side when he picks up the child, and NEVER walks across that woman's doorway again until the end of time.

kali

azlee, what was it about?