23-Year-Old Makes $100K Off Osama's Death

5/6/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Osama bin Laden's body was barely in American custody -- and one savvy New York kid was already making t-shirts to commemorate the bastard's death ... pulling in over $100,000 in less than 2 days.

0505_obama_t-shirt_EX

23-year old Maurice Harary tells TMZ, he made a beeline to his NY apartment as soon as he heard the news of Osama's death -- and started building a website to sell his "OBL is dead" t-shirts.

Maurice claims the site went live at 3:30 am on Monday -- and by Tuesday evening, he had already sold around 10,000 units at 12 bucks a pop ... meaning dude raked in approximately 120k in less than two days.

Yes, we know ... you had the idea first. Stop whining.

sonny

Superman

Ridiculous! Why would you want to wear it? People are stupid.

Gene Foreman

I didn't have the idea. That's what bothers me. Damn! Good job though man.

ciimonstr

it's great that there are people out there that will still buy **** and pass the buck.. USA! USA! USA!!

Cartman

T-shirt cost $8 each, delivery $5 a shirt.

Yeah, he just lost $10,000.

zzkinnardzz

Wow, the government should take all that money... shouldn't be able to profit off him..

GRYFFINDOR!

I'm surprised the first thing people did was start looking for tshirts online. But good for him, I would never have thought of it.

theduddddeeee

he still has to pay to make the shirts and ship them to everybody....

PhotoBiz

Hope he paid the photographer usage.
Otherwise he is gonna have to fight a
copyright lawsuit.

"I'M NOT A LAWYER" : )

Mark

It's so funny that you dumb Americans believe he's dead. No photo, no body = no death. Bush took down your precious towers, that's that. War powers the economy. America is the worlds #1 terrorist organization in the world! You wonder why when you guys travel you say your Canadian, you are hated worldwide!

Roast_Beef

Usama + 3,000 deaths = 100K in some New Yorker's pocket.

Nice. That's the American Dream.

@Mark - unfortunately, I will agree with you.
BinBin's been gone for years. The greatest hoax, ever.
Great for business, however.

bunny

It's a pathetic site and a pathetic person. People who capitalize on others deaths have issues. Oh yeah, t-shirt hell beat him.

jenna

Way to go!! Good for him. The capitalistic system WIN!!

bunny

Oh and Mark, I couldn't say it any better myself. Thank God you're clearly one of the wise TMZ readers and I'm American, but I know what really happened on 9/11 as well. Too bad too many people are afraid of the truth.

Kàt