Jacob Lusk -- Jimmy Iovine Got Me Booted!!!

5/6/2011 2:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" reject Jacob Lusk is telling friends he's not to blame for the TERRIBLE song choices that led to his elimination this week ... insisting he got BAD advice from Jimmy Iovine.

0506_jacob_jimmy_EX_Getty_01

TMZ spoke with a source extremely close to Lusk ... who tells us Jacob never wanted to perform the Jordin Sparks /Chris Brown duet, "No Air" on Wednesday's show ... but Iovine pressured him into it.

We're told Lusk really wanted to perform the Gnarls Barkley hit, "Crazy" -- but Iovine was so insistent on "No Air" that he basically "beat it into his brain" until Lusk finally gave in and agreed to perform the song.

During the show, Randy Jackson told Lusk, "I don’t think that’s the direction for you ... I don't think anybody on this stage should be doing duet songs."

0506_jacob_lusk_smallSources connected to the production tell us ... Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe has told every contestant the decision on final song choice is made by the singer ... and NOT  the mentor.

JustaGuy

I have to agree with the majority of the posts here.
It amazes me this kid will blame anyone except himself.
He dresses ridiculous, he acts ridiculous, he even had the nerve to say last night AFTER he got booted off "america fell in love with me.." blah blah blah.

Overly ****y when he cant back it up. God the list goes on and on.
He's blamed his earpieces in the past for bad performances.
What a whiner. I can guarantee you (and i'd bet my left nut) that we will NEVER hear from this nerdy lil gay kid again after this season.

Good riddance

laura

Omg! Dont blame jimmy. The performance totally sucked and he sounded lousy. Uggh...I was so over jacob the moment he opened his big mouth.

Weighing Pink Bodies

I was so mad when Jacob got voted off... So I went online and looked for an automatic American Idol voting system and I found one that can get in 20 votes every 5 minutes. It's insane!

If you guys want to check it out, here's the link:

M.B. Bush

i think when Jacob grabbed his cr*tch the party was over.... seriously, dude?

Sandra

Not a Jacob fan and this is why! I hate a poor loser who can't be accountable for his actions!!

Sarafina

I don't really respect Iovine's song choices either. I don't know why the Idol's HAVE TO listen to him anyway...Jacob should have been able to sing what he really wanted to. I bet he would have sung "Crazy" just awesome too.

THIN LIZZY

Jimmy Iovine is one of the biggest s***bags in the industry. And that's saying a lot. Dumb kid for listening to him. If I was given the choice to sign with Iovine with a 5million no payback advance or a small label with a 10 grand advance, I'd take the small label in a heartbeat. The guppy got eaten by the shark.

Mike

NEWS FLASH FLAMER YOU WERE NEXT NO MATTER WHAT

chartman

wrong dude..you should not have ever been on the show. Randy is the one that made a fool out of you..he said you were the best singer ever to be on the show. wrong, shows how much talent whats up dog has. jacob, you are not a good singer. all you do is scream. when a 5 1/2 yr old gets into trouble for going through the house screaming when asked why are you screaming he said i'm doing what that guy on tv is doing, he is screaming. so good luck to you. you would do better just singing in your church.

Dale

Can we say Idol season 11 - "NOT" ! The judges (if you can call them that) bring nothing to the show and Jacob was awlfull. Someone should do a goodbye song for Idol

croc

acted so soft and gooshy. all squishy and legs all together tight. facial expressions all overblown..i would not buy any of his music..or go to his concerts.. james is a entertainer..he would give a good concert.

DatDogBitez

Some people talk about Jacob's great vocal range... to me his low notes sounded like he was swallowing his tongue and his high notes were shrieks and shrills. I believed him to be one of the worst singers in the competition from the start, and he definitely overstayed his welcome. His attitude sucks, as well, so it's hard for me to wish him well. Dude needs to tone down the ego and accept responsibility for his own limitations. You didn't win, Jacob, because America wasn't unable to look at themselves in the mirror, and it's not Iovine's fault, either. It's you, Jacob. Your personality and singing is annoying.

Bippy

POOR BABY - FAT BOY SISSY WANNA BE - KINDA MADE YA SICK AFTER HIS SEEMINGLY BORING RUNNING HIS (HER) UP AND DOWNS ON NOTES JUST DIS NOT SET WELL WITH ME AND OTHERS THAT I TALKED TO ABOUT HIM - GOODBYE!!!

Tripp

His voice was church choir quality. Better buried behind 20 others. He wasn't unique or good.

carol

I'm sorry jacob but as a black sister, you cannot sing. I know you have some sugar in your tank, but thats not neither here or there, lets dont blame anyone for what you cant do. you really messed up when you tried to sing, Chris Brown and Jordan Sparks, it's easy to blame the next person, lets face it you cant sing, and this is a black sister telling you this.