Arnold: I Want Maria Back!!!

5/11/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Arnold Schwarzenegger wants Maria Shriver to come back to him, and he's changing his ways -- somewhat -- to make that happen ... sources connected to the couple tell TMZ.

0510_Arnold_Schwarzenegger_maria_getty_ex_2

We're told Arnold finally gets it ... that Maria couldn't stand the fact that he was ignoring her and her needs.   And, we're told, Arnold has made some headway, making Maria "ambivalent" at times.  One source very familiar with the couple says, "Arnold has done a 180.  He's been really sweet to her since all this went down."

Notably, they recently spent an evening at an L.A. area hotel for a special occasion.  Maria is confessing to friends ... Arnold has emotional power over her, but as we first reported, she's been "miserable" for several years.

As one source says, "Maria has been tortured over pulling the plug on the marriage.  One day she's determined to get the hell out, and the next day she just can't do it."

0510_arnold_maria_footer

Cujeaux

Maria has probably caught wind of that awkward shoulder kiss and that sealed the deal for her. I give it under 2 years before he's accused of sexual harassment.

kinm

another story planned by Kennedy family?

aston

I'm so happy that I don't have a "source" connected to me! I already have a few extra pounds, it would be too much to drag around a couple of "sources" as well. ;)

As for Arnold, if he had changed his ways fifteen years ago, it would have meant something. Now he's just putting on an act because he doesn't want to look like a loser. The only way for a wife to treat someone like Arnold is by blackmail, early on. ("ONE glance at someone else, and I'm out. Get it?") He understands power language - nothing else.

As long as she didn't threaten to leave, he saw no reason to stop groping other females and bully her. Her hurt feelings? Pah.

Wanting to leave obviously worked wonders with the schmuck so far, there probably have been some hot nights and "heartfelt" phone calls lately. But it doesn't go deep. She should realize that, and then decide what to do. Is it enough for her to have an insensitive man whom she needs to manoever (sp) to make him treat her OK? In that case, stay and keep the pressure up. If not – leave!

I

casting couch

Even the T-800 infiltration unit's nuclear powered iridium power cell with a life span of 120 years isn't enough time to meet a woman's needs. It's an impossible task for any man (or machine).

Sunshine

Love is rough. I hope they can work things out. The 25 year itch couldn't come soon enough. Sounds like they love each other which is all it takes. Arnie needs to step up to the plate and take his wife on a nice vacation. What an @ss taking off with a bunch of dudes to wine country. Were there strippers there, too, Arnie, huh, is that why Maria is fed up with you? Get a grip.

RealityBites

Who cares? I mean really, they are really not anybody anymore...he's a washed up actor, a politician who ruined a state and her family is so yesterday.....nobody wants to hear about them...I swear every other paragraph on your page is about these two...give it a rest.

Cuveediva

RealityBites...bite me! They are a couple trying to find their way after 25+years of being together...trust me it ain't easy to find the spark again...no matter who you are...give them a break!

Arnold you want to win Maria back? Heed this: Kiss her feet, take a bath and wash her hair. And completely listen to everything she has to say without comment until she askes for your opinion and then surprise her with a huge beautiful rock (ring)that will try to outshine her beauty. Do everything she needs to make your relationship work....I promise you, you will never find another woman like her who knows you so will and will still love you on top of everything you have done...Arnold its up to you to make this work!!!

Muppet

Why does everyone blame Arnold? It takes two to make a marriage work! Just because there isn't a source from his camp doesn't mean Maria is blameless. Be real!
There's nothing wrong with a man hanging out with his buddies either. (Lots of jealous people out there I see) The first thing your relationship has to have is trust, if you don't have that then nothing else will work!

Sally

Please stay with your marriage Maria. Arnold loves you. That's what matters. And you're both Catholics, and in the Bible, it says God hates divorce. God can heal your marriage. Hang in there!

writenow

Dear Maria,

You loved who you thought he could be, rather than who he is.
But at least he wasn't a dead beat dad in the traditional sense like the parents here.

and at least you didn't go to a therapist, who then killed the whole family, such as here.

alan

i will marry you arnold

ttbwpg

Arnold and Maria will sort things out one way or another. Back to the discussion of Harvey's "salmon" shirt. Everyone is missing the point. Did you not see those biceps? A couple of years back I would have let Harvey take free punches at my gut all day long. Seeing those guns these days, I would run for the hills rather than take a punch from him.

rob

Arny tell her to get in the car if she wants to live.

GEL

It's not surprising he's doing a 180 now that Maria has said she's done. Unfortunately it's not uncommon for someone to do a 180 like that when the other person finally has enough. As long as she endured it...he got away with his behavior, in a way she enabled it by staying so long (as conflicted as she was...and no, I'm not saying his behavior was her fault.) If Maria is smart, she will make Arnold prove that he will change his behavior long-term, and by that I mean...not commit to reconciling for awhile. He's got A LOT of permanent changing to do in this relationship.

wenzy

OH CRY ME A RIVER! FOR SOMEBODY WHO HAS ALWAYS DEMANDED PRIVACY SHE SURE IS SHOW BOATING ON THIS SEPARATION! IT'S ALMOST LIKE MARIA IS USING ALL THE PUBLICITY TO ACTUALLY SAVE HER MARRIAGE! AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T NEED A DAY TO DAY TMZ REPORT? MARIA HAD ALWAYS BRAGGED ABOUT HER SEX LIFE SO MAYBE SHE IS ****-WHIPPED AND CAN'T PUT THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments