Maria Shriver Shops for L.A. Condos

5/21/2011 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Shriver was quietly looking at pricey L.A. condos back in January ... months before the Arnold Schwarzenegger baby scandal broke ... TMZ has learned.

0520_carlyle_ex

What's especially interesting about this ... it looks like Arnold told Maria about Mildred Patty Baena immediately after he left the governor's office on January 3.

Sources say Maria and her broker looked at a condo at The Carlyle on Wilshire, a pricey condo building near UCLA.  Among the residents -- Bruce Willis, Sofia Vergara, Paul Anka, Donna Summer and Matt Kemp.

Our sources say Maria didn't like the units.  We're told she looked at several penthouse units, which are priced between $10 - $14 million (they rent out for around $30,000 a month).  She also looked at a few 3-bedroom condos, which were listed between $4 - $7 million (they rent out at around $17,000 a month).

We're told Maria felt the building was too exposed to the paparazzi.

Maria is still on the hunt for a place.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

STARR C

Wow!

Cartman

She should just keep the Brentwood house and have the locks changed.

Jackie

Why didn't she keep the house? or did it belong to Mr muscles?

Gizmo

Yes spend that money Ms. Shriver lol. Send Arnold 2 the poor casa (house). Splurge on those Kindergarden Cop residuals.

NoBreederRat

That's a bit excessive. I sometimes think this generation of Kennedys has forgotten how charitable and selfless their parents, aunts, and uncles were.

This must be a difficult decision because she still has a young son but there are plenty of Kennedy property on the East Coast to stay for the Summer and think things through.

Ruben

I feel so bad for Maria. I hope things work out for the family.
Check out my new design blog: www.rubenmarquezjr.com/blog
Hope you like it, thanks =)

Lola

Her children have lives, activities, friends, and school where they live now, in CA. I'd hate to put them in a high rise condo, though. Why would she consider that? There are plenty of houses to buy or rent, luxurious, gated communities, where they will be safe but still in a relaxed, homey atmosphere.

I can understand if she wants to get out of the house that Baena "cleaned," slept with her husband in Maria's own bed, apparently for many years. Yes, I'd get out of there fast.

Dan Frederiksen

she can run but she can't hide from the all seeing paparazzi : )

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I don't know, but I guess we would want anyone telling us where we should move, etc. We're not in her shoes, and God knows I wouldn't want to be with that arrogant SOB for a husband. If Maria's mom were still alive, she would have kicked Arnold's ass! That would have made a great movie!

fkeys

Oh that poor soul..spending 10mil on a condo. My heart aches for her pain.

Joe Boo

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?" – Arnold in "Kindergarten Cop"

Lisa

I don't get it. When they first annouced their separation, they announced it amicably. Arnold even went on stage after the annoucement saying that "he just talked to Maria" and they both said they were lucky to have good friends. He even said he told Maria this January about the maid and child. I just think that she forgave Arnold long time ago and they've been close but now that the public knows about it, she is now keeping her distance from him and trying to play into the public's hand that she is a woman scorned...not that she's not but I feel they moved past this stage a while back.

jerry Harris

Why would any one, unless they were a homeless person, want to live in such an ugly building? People with money have no taste.

Sonya in Tx

Maria deserves the Brentwood house.

Muppet

Lisa 44 minutes ago

_________________

I agree with you Lisa. It seemed like this was already something they'd discussed and moved past when they announced it. When I heard the announcement it sounded almost as if they were trying to reconcile but just needed some time to sort things out. The media has went nuts with all this stuff. I think Arnold and Maria should NOT let the media play any part in what they do or do not decide to do. Both of them need to put their family first and focus on that. I think if they are smart they would pay attention to their young children who are obviously very hurt at this time. That's more important than gaining public sympathy etc.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments