« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Oscar De La Hoya

'I Have My Flaws'

5/21/2011 2:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oscar De La Hoya checked himself into rehab voluntarily and tells TMZ he feels he will come out "a stronger, healthier person."

0521_oscar_de_la_hoya_EX3
As TMZ first reported, De La Hoya entered a rehab facility in California sometime within the last few weeks. We're told De La Hoya is seeking help for substance abuse issues. A source close to the boxing legend tells us he has "voluntarily commenced proactive treatment to address certain health and personal issues."

De La Hoya issued a statement to TMZ that reads, "After doing an honest evaluation of myself, I recognize that there are certain issues that I need to work on. Like everyone, I have my flaws, and I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws.

"Throughout my career and my life, I have always met all challenges head-on, and this is no different. I am confident that with the support of my family and friends, I will become a stronger, healthier person.

"I ask for respect and privacy as my family and I go through this process."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Well, all JC Penneys are putting Sephoras in the middle of their stores. That might make him fell better...

Jack

Forget rehab Oscar, just drink some tiger blood and get yourself a couple of goddesses and the problem will instantly disappear.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Correction last post: "feel" better.

penny

He will do great.

Corinthia

GOOD LUCK MY BROTHER

Jim in Cali

U have flaws? We already knew that Oscar. You knocked up that bimbo Shanna Moakler chick back in the day.

Janie

He's getting treatment, which is more than many other folks. Can we stop bashing him now?

kp

good for him to know he needs help

justsaying

If you were meeting all challenges head-on you wouldn't have had time for that crap. So don't tell us how tough you are. Tough people don't do drugs. Only the weak ones.

effrenhher

Darn kids-we need to spend more time and resources teaching them to think more and to stay away from stupid stuff that is harmful to them...

effrenhher

Darn these kids and drugs their cheap outlets...

writenow

And his attorneys all ganged up on the FIRST mother of his children. Yep. Oscar's got some flaws alright, but media seldom gets it right.
See the "NEWS" section of www.familylawcourts.com

miguel

It's painkillers guys. He's abusing percocet.

ManiacalZebra

"I do not want to be one of those people that is afraid to admit and address those flaws."

Read: I'm not Charlie Sheen.

who dat

It's time to post the pics purporting to show him in panties, fishnets and heels. Who has the link?

Hope that's what he meant , "I Have My Flaws"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments