Duggar Family Delivers Relief to Tornado Disaster

5/24/2011 3:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The family from the TLC reality show "19 Kids & Counting" sprang into action just hours after that deadly tornado ripped through Missouri -- packing up supplies and driving through the night to join the rescue effort ... TMZ has learned.
052411_joplin_v3_still

Josh Duggar -- the eldest Duggar child -- tells TMZ the fam spent Sunday night and all day Monday delivering supplies and clearing massive piles of debris to search for survivors in Joplin, MO.

Josh says he and 5 siblings -- John, Jana, Jill, Jessa, Joseph and Dad, Jim Bob -- decided to load up a 3 car caravan late Sunday night when they heard about the disaster in Joplin ... just one hour from their home in Arkansas.

Four of the Duggars are volunteer firefighters ... and Josh says rescue officials immediately put the family's considerable manpower to work -- assigning them to search around the devastated town for any activity -- and hand out supplies at command posts.

Josh tells us the survivors he met were most interested in recovering memories ... saying, "People in Joplin aren't looking for stuff, they're looking for their lives."

MoonDust

@jodi, yeah, I think her body had enough already. I read some of the comments on here, people are not judging this woman because she gave birth to so many kids but because of her own health. I applaud any couple who care about eachother whether str8 or gay who are MONOGAMOUS to one another. Anyways, I wish this family the best....

MoonDust

Yes, Obama planed all of this mess and then flew to Ireland!!!! (sarcasm) really people?

MoonDust

@CelebJustice, I don't recall saying anything about government...my concern was and is for the woman's health, never about money from the government. I think is great when a monogamous couple can hold a family together, that I think is great. Never said anything about them getting aid from the government

Bren

God Bless the Duggar family. Sending prayers for all the victims in Missouri.

marknyc

by da way: what's going on with the video section ? the videos are old and poor: is the section going to dye?

pam

God bless the Duggars and everyone else helping the victims of this terrible tragedy.

mike

That's great they upheld there commitment to God and shelled a few coin from that glorious paycheck they get, but why were they so quick to go tell the press? Well I guess this will secure their ratings and detract from the fact that Homeboy failed 17 times to exit that hell hole during climax. PS your family picture creeps me out more than The Situation. Keep it real homies!

CelebJustice

@moondust.I don't recall saying you did.

but what makes me "ill" are people making irresponsible choices and expecting the american taxpayer shoulder the financial burden.

CrisDizzle

Apparently 'condoms' is a sin for the Duggar Family!

Mica

All of the commenters on here that are dissing the Duggars-what have you done to contribute in a charitable way lately...to anything? Would any of you volunteer like that without being asked, just to help your fellow man? Can't you even give credit where credit is do? Apparently not. The negative comments are obviously meant to build yourself up by tearing others down, and that makes you a loser. Good on the Duggars, very admirable for their unselfish act of kindness. God speed to all the people affected by the tornadoes.

lisamorunning

I love this family! They don't apologize for their love of God and I don't either. I find it interesting that folks will come on this site and bash anyone that had faith in God. I find peace in my faith. The meek shall inherit the earth.

Donna

These people have 19 kids?? That's disgusting!

NO, it's not anyone's "right" to keep polluting this planet with babies when it can't support what's here and these selfish pricks are going to keep having more kids? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Folks, GET FIXED - PRONTO! Or play cards, for goodness sake.

K.

Fran - your overall point is true, but let's not put down all Americans, okay? This article is about the Duggars and their relief efforts.

nam hao tran

a great job!!!goodluck!!!

Tanya

Great thing they are doing, but did they really have to run and yap about it to the media?