« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Anna Kournikova Scores Gig on 'Biggest Loser'

5/25/2011 5:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's official, tennis hottie Anna Kournikova has signed a deal to join "The Biggest Loser" next season -- while THREE current stars of the show will be on their way out.

0525_anna_kournikova_BN_Getty-01

Producers confirm the 29-year-old will join the show as a celebrity trainer ... but trainers Jillian MichaelsBrett Hoebel and Cara Castronuova will not return for Season 12.

Exec. producer Todd Lubin tells New York Magazine the decision to hire Anna was all part of an effort to reboot the show for it's 12th season.

We're "getting slightly away from just the tape measure, and getting into overall well being and health. That's where Loser needs to go" explains Lubin.

He continues ... "She grew up with very little in Moscow, pounding tennis balls every day when she was 5. That's the drive she's bringing to the show."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Scotty G

Alisemaria is right. The last thing you want to do is go from one eating disorder to another on a show like that. You could tell in the audiences faces when Kournikova walked out that they were thinking "seriously?"

RealityBites

Didn't care for Jillian but this one is a loser, won't be watching the show no matter how much I love Bob...this will be the death of Biggest Loser I'm sad to say. So happy Olivia won!!

NatTxn

Anna was a great guest last season and showed she has the personality to be on the show. I do agree that she's a little on the too skinny side. She should add 10 pounds and fill out her legs. I hope Anna does well!

CherryPIe

She looked scary thin. So many people watch this show to be inspired and I just think that is the wrong message to send to viewers and contestants. Healthy!is what the show has ALWAYS emphasized. Someone dropped the ball big time with this decision. They still have time to change their mind. I see it more as a pathetic ploy to get more viewers and better ratings. Who cares about the message they send it's all about the almighty dollar. NBC that is so typical. Thank God we have Oprah starting her own network. Someone with integrity.

Vicki

She is so gonna SUCK on this show what a stupid decision to bring her on. I mean seriously? WTH?

john wayne gacy

i've got something right here anna
can train & drain into a big loser ......

shelley

Bad decision. Anna is a big fail in choice. She is too skinny and I doubt has any trainer experience that she can pass along.

I have watched every season but was starting to skip episodes and didn't much care anymore until this season. I loved Cara and Brett and they had me watching again. They seemed to get it and had the personalities to back it up.

I suspect next season will be the most boring one to date.

Cartman

They should've kept Brett and Cara.

Having a model who is famous for playing tennis pretend to be a trainer is going to suck more than Bob Harper after a couple too many wine coolers.

JFO

And she has what qualifications to bring to the show??? Other than her ability to hit a tennis ball?? Really???? I can just see some 350 lb contestant taking weight loss and exercise advice from her.

CrisDizzle

Less time on the fatties and the grenades fame whore and more air time on the hot russian chick! WIN-WIN situation! ;-]

danielle

WAY TOO SKINNY!! SHE LOOKS ANOREXIC. GREAT ROLE MODEL...NOT!!!

who dat

I think Anna will do real well. She understands how to train and stay healthy over the long run.

becky

why would they pick her? She looks sick to me. Is she anorexic? I think they should keep Brett and Cara.

Sherms

I guess I don't understand what consitutes her being a 'fitness guru'? I DO GET that she is in awesome shape and tennis takes a lot of work and energy, but what makes her the person that people want to go to in order to work out and lose weight?? Fitness and health were Jillian's jobs (still are). I just don't get it.

Sherms