Lampanelli's GIANT $50K Check

Suck it, Hate Church

5/26/2011 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lisa Lampanelli just donated $50,000 to the good people at Gay Men's Health Crisis -- sticking it to the hate-mongering homophobes of Westboro Baptist Church -- and we got footage of the GIANT CHECK.

0526_lisa_laminelli_launch
TMZ broke the story ... Lisa challenged the hate church head on last week -- claiming for every rotten bastard from the WBC who showed up to protest her show in Topeka, Kansas ... she would donate $1,000 to a gay charity.

Lisa couldn't decide exactly how many protesters showed up -- the number was somewhere between 44 and 48 -- so she called it an even 50 ... and put her money where her mouth was yesterday in NYC, donating $50,000 to GMHC in the form of a giant novelty check.

Hate on that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

nanunanu

good job!

Nostradamus

Now I got your routing numbers, Lisa, who's laughing now?
(sarcasm)

Evan Benz

Yeah . . . that's not a real check.

They make them at Kinko's/FedExOffice . . . .it's a wide format print out stuck to a sticky foam board.

Kevin

I commend Lampanelli's donation to the Gay Mens Health Crisis but I must ask...The Westboro Baptist Church protests military funerals...why not split that check with a wounded warriors charity or help for military families of service personnel lost in Iraq and Afghanistan?

That would truly be the right thing to do.

calibobby

I used to kinda think this chic is crazy but now I have respect for her.
She wasn't just talk and she did what she said, AND if everyone that this stupid CULT zones on should do this so that they figure out that they are nothing but losers looking for some spot light.

Cartman

And got about a million dollars worth of publicity.

iamcart

Lisa -- you are F'ING AWESOME!!!

diogenes

Lisa Lampanelli never has been my cup of tea. (I never have cared for her humor) But she does deserve praise for this way to shut the Westboro Baptist Church up big time. Good job girl.

6one9

~♥~

stu

how much have u 2 losers (Cartman & Tree) ever given to charity?

Brandt

What are Fred Phelps and the WBC afraid of? Rainbows? Unicorns? A flaming pink queer apocalypse? I attempted to address this with a portrait of the good reverend on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/03/fred-phelps-and-westboro-baptist-church.html Drop in and let me know what you think!

EricaJxx

1. I love this
2. As much as I wished it wld affect WBC, sadly they will never get the message
3. Lampanelli can brag abt giving money. I don't think any of us can donate any $ and if we did, c'mon, we wld want recognition...even a lil bit
4. Ultimately what she did was for, in my opinion, a good cause. Good for her!~

SEKGirl

Now these so-called church people are coming to Joplin to protest a memorial service this weekend. A peaceful gathering to block them is planned, but there is enough raw emotion that who knows exactly what will happen.

ZB

lol WBC...bet thats giving you indigestion...talk about shooting yourself in the foot....heres hoping more people you protest take up the same idea...

Lisa mega kudos to you...and here is hoping you have started a fad!

scott

Follow the money. She didn't put that money up on her own. 90% was put up by those same neophites promoting safe sex ;)

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments