Frank Sinatra

12 Showers

Every Single Day!!!

6/2/2011 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Frank Sinatra was "obsessed" with being clean -- to the point of taking 12 showers a day -- so says the legendary singer's widow.

0602_frank_barbara_sinatra_GETTY_BN
Barbara Sinatra dropped the info in her new memoir: "Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank" -- saying Frank "always smelled like lavender" and "made [her] feel special."

She also recounts the singer's alcohol use -- writing, "Gin, I think, made him mean. So when I'd come out of my room and see the gin bottle on the bar, I'd turn right around, go back in my room, lock the door, because I didn't want to deal with it."

Barbara was Frank's fourth and final wife. The couple was married for 22-years ... up until Frank's death in 1998 following a heart attack.

The Love Sponge

First You Sissies

BigTim

Uh, Barbara...I've got news for you...he was masturbating 12x per day.

Nicole

I am here because of You, Frank - Thank You - Love, Nicole xo

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Golden showers?

Mikey

He was probably screwing 12 women behind your back every day.

croc

why would anyone take that many showers.
must have been O.C.D.
AND WHO HAS THE TIME ANYWAY.
besides smelling good, he had gator skin.

HarryPalms

He made her feel special by showering and always smelling like lavender... except when he smelled like lavender and gin, that's when HE felt special and the real Frank came out

lee

Barbara (Marx) Sinatra was an honest to God 50's Vegas Showgirl. Her 2nd marriage was to Zeppo Marx. (yes, groucho's little bro').Had a son with him. Barb tried to get Blue Eyes to adopt her adult son Bobby so he could bring in $$. She's a piece of work.
FYI-As a child, Sinatra's mom did backdoor abortions in New Jersey to make $$.

McG

So 12 showers a day, 24 hours in a day...a shower every other hour...what in the heck? Insanely wasteful, if true. Maybe the lavender scent was Glade.

Barb

That's pretty obsessive thinking. Hand washing is one thing, but shower taking is on a whole other level. I wonder how a psychiatrist would evaluate that. Hmmm.

SYLVI212

Amazing how much a woman will put up with for fame and fortune. I don't know about other women but I wouldn't stay with a man 2 days that got so "mean" when he drank, I would rather lock myself in a room than be anywhere near him. If he weren't Frank Sinatra, I wonder how long she would have stayed before she packed up and left his boozing azz?

RabbleRouser

Lee, Barbra's son was not Marx's biologically, she got Marx to adopt him for the same reason she tried to get Sinatra to..$$$$$.

From what I hear, her and ol blue eyes were well suited for each other- they were both self absorbed as-holes.

Tammy

This memoir does not depict her or Frank in a good light. Is she trying to tear him down more than he already has been?

Sloane

seriously have heard of a few cases where someone showered after each and every time they went to the bathroom
neurotic..obsessive..compulsive..weird...clean freak...??? you name it

appears that Sinatra had the same problem

drinking a lot like he did -wouldn't be shocked if he made a trip to the john every 2 hours or so!

rick

Does that mean he pooped 12 times a day ?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments