Kelsey Grammer Wants to Separate Kids

6/3/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer is denying it, but TMZ has obtained black and white proof that he wants to split up his kids, taking his son to live with him in Chicago and leaving his 9-year-old daughter behind in California.

0602_GRAMMER_DOC_EX

TMZ broke the story ... Camille Grammer wanted custody of the former couple's 2 kids because Kelsey wanted to split them up.  Kelsey's lawyer told us her story was "inaccurate."  But we've obtained a letter Kelsey's lawyer sent to Camille's attorney which says exactly what Camille claims.

The letter, dated April 29, 2011, says "Kelsey proposes ... Kelsey shall have primary physical custody of Jude and Camille shall have primary physical custody of Mason."  The letter says Kelsey wants to enroll 6-year-old Jude in a Chicago school.

0602_kelsey_RIP

The letter also outlines very specific terms of the custody agreement, including when each parent gets the kids on holidays.

Camille filed for primary physical custody yesterday ... and we've learned she wants custody so the kids aren't separated from each other.

As for Kelsey, his rep, Stan Rosenfield, tells TMZ, "Despite the fact that those connected with Camille Grammer seem to be hand delivering confidential documents to TMZ and other media outlets, we will continue not to make public statements about their private matters which can and apparently does beg for misinterpretation."

Rosenfield continues, "There is no valid reason to drag the Grammer children into any media spotlight."

anna

what now grammer, first you cheat on your wife with some hoe and now you want to split the kids. wtf is wrong with you.
I HOPE THAT CAMILLE WILL GET FULL CUSTODY OF BOTH KIDS.

tina

"Beth"Are you vieing to be wife number 6? or is it 5. lol I guess you like old men. ewwww. He doesnt want him to visit. he wants him to live with him for good. Read the papers.

Sloane

@Beth 5 minutes ago
-----
you see nothing wrong with it--are you kidding me!

you do not take a boy who has failed kindergarten (obviously learning disabled to some extent)
uproot him away from all that is familiar and secure in his life and stick him with a new "step mother" he has never even laid eyes on

take him away from his neighborhood, doctors, teachers, playmates, house, school--not to mention mother and sister--just because this egotistical, self-gratifying, impulsive, immoral, lying father has decided that he favors this child over the other one

horrendous!

you do not do that to a child-especially this boy
and you do not allow this to happen for the daughter's sake either!

children sometimes blame themselves for the parents not being together anymore, so what will this do to the young girl's sense of self esteem etc. when she sees how the father obviously didn't care as much much about her-she's 9- she's not stupid!

traumatic all the way around

and clearly not in the best interest of either of the children

and what happens when Kelsey decides to go back to LA? you know he will...
uproot the poor child and turn his world upside down again?

NO JUDGE WITH A BRAIN WILL ORDER TO SEPERATE THE CHILDREN

dd

He has lost his damn mind (once again), and that winch he married is just as bad.

Lizz

What a toad. He does not have custody of a conscience, and should not have custody of his children.

Sandra

This guy is a "sob"!! These kids deserve a stable home and this will never happen with two losers for parents!!

Bree

I'm kind of shocked that everyone is throwing stones at Kelsey. This is rather common from what I've seen. Plus, has anyone ever thought the kid might have asked to live with him? Just because you saw Camille on TV be a good mom, doesn't actually mean that she is. I mean, she might be a great mother, but we don't know. We also don't know if she is even home a lot, or if she has babysitters with the kids all the time. I don't think there is anything wrong with this picture (Kelsey wanting custody of the boy). It was seriously wrong of Kelsey to leave his wife for another woman, sadly, that happens all the time too. From what I have seen Camille is kinda wacked, but still it was a poor choice. But, again, it's not the end of the freakin world to have kids separated. It all depends on the situation, and none of us actually know the real situation here. Just sayin.

Anon

Bree, the guy encourages Camille to join the cast of Housewives, leaves, gets another woman pregnant, rushes the divorce like his hair is on fire, Camille cooperates, now he goes after the children?

This is a guy that laughably is all about "conservative values" with some new right wing network. Camille has done nothing wrong. He had no issue with her as a mother while married, but he has no problem taking half the children now? This is jerk of gigantic proportions. I hope the judge sets him straight big time.

Cooper

What is wrong with him? Jackass...

Erin

He's a loser. I used to like him, but leaving his wife shows he has no integrity or understanding of a covenant; getting the chickie pregnant before marriage, and now splitting up his kids - he's a total creep.

tina

shut up Bree or Beth and stop posting with different names. You are not fooling anyone here. You are just saying the same thing. You are not very good at lieing either. Fess up? who are you??

OhRight

WHAT about splitting two kids that are biological siblings seems normal to that man??? WTF is wrong with him? God, what a TOOL!

Anon

Tina, I think Bree/Beth is Kayte! She's bored and knows everyone knows she went from flight attendant to family shredder by flattering the most wussiest ego in the country. Perhaps she found out she can't get pregnant, so she's trying to justify taking the children, or half the children, while she's at it.

Mel

The kids are the ones that will suffer in the end, disgusting parenting!!

Bree

Hmm. I post here occasionally. Never been accused of being someone else. I'm not saying Kesley isn't a douche bag, he totally is. All I was saying is that I was surprised to see how everyone thinks this is so terrible. The other stuff he did was terrible. Splitting custody of children and things is just kind of common is all. I mean, the point is, we don't really know the full story. We don't know what the kids have said, or what their situation is. It might completely be in their best interest to stay with their mother. It might be in the boys best interest to stay with his father. I don't know. You don't know. It's not like I agree with it, but I don't personally agree with divorce, but there is no way I can condemn everyone that gets a freakin' divorce. That would be, like everyone I know. I suppose everyone just hates Kelsey for what he did, so no matter what he does he's going to be hated. I just think he is another celebrity who thinks they can basically do whatever they want. But I'm not going to call him names for trying to get custody of one of his children. It's his child. We do not know the full situation. Sorry to wrinkle feathers, I just have too much time on my hands this morning, I guess. :)