« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-WWE Star X-Pac -- I Was Molested as a Kid

6/7/2011 9:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former WWE wrestler X-Pac says he suffered years of sexual abuse as a child -- and he's opening up about his emotional struggle in the hopes of helping other victims cope with their pain.

0606_x-pac_Getty_BN

X-Pac -- a.k.a. Sean Waltman -- took to his blog Monday to praise wrestling legend Mick Foley for the work he's been doing with the Rape Abuse & Incest Network ... especially because Sean himself is a "survivor of repeated sexual abuse/molestation from about age 5 to around the age of 12."

For the first time ever, Waltman revealed details about the abuse -- saying his abusers were both male and female. X-Pac adds, "The most psychologically damaging incidents came at the hands of an adult male who actually brought me to my first pro wrestling match."

Waltman says he finally told his family about the abuse when he was in his 20's -- explaining, "It’s so difficult for victims of sexual abuse to come forward. The shame & fear involved in coming forward is overwhelming."

"Feeling like it’s our fault or fearing what people will think of you prevent many from ever coming forward ... I choose to talk openly about it, hoping it may inspire others to come forward and expose these people."

X-Pac continues, "This is a huge step in dealing with the psychological damage done to the victim & can also save others from having to suffer the same fate. So I can’t thank Mick enough for his work with RAINN."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lu

Good for him for having the guts to open up to a horrible experience. Good things will come to a man who tries to help others. God bless him.

Katie

Good for him - that was a very courageous and selfless thing to do.

john5oregon

I don't image someone could ever get over that, but it takes a strong person to face it head on like this.

Jackie

I am glad to see a man coming out and tell his abusive story. Stay strong.

PitBullLover

BASTA with this **** again with the molestation!!! i was too everyone i know was everyone in the universe was fu___ed with as a kid or baby or toddler or teenager or whatever whenever these people aren't trying to help ANYONE else by spilling their guts trust me......enough people have puked out the abuse already to have helpled everyone else 500000 times over by now.

keep your sh+t PRIVATE and get it healed with a support group of like minded molestees and your family. the general pub doesn't need to know your personal BIZ anymore
we have heard enough
we have our own stories
isn't is 'funny' how only well know or so called famous people come out about this crap anyway???
GO AWAY.

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

@midnight Toker, I was thinking the same thing.

Anj

just trying to stay relevant i guess

stu

who was it?

Paulie

Give the guy a break, celebs come out and share their stories because they have a voice that can be heard and anybody else that went through it can find comfort in knowing it will be okay and they're not alone. Good for him for speaking about it and sharing his pain, this shouldnt' be something TMZ readers should be hateful about, what is wrong with some of you!?! Obviously your self hatred has to spew onto others, but maybe you should keep THAT to yourself. Way to go Sean...let it all out and be free :)

Phreaky

Awesome and brave that he opened up about this. Bravo to you Sean.

dude

A family member of mine wrote a book about his horrible childhood and molestation at the hands of a catholic priest by the name of Carl Sutphin. he has been on larry king and dan rather discussing his abuse and his fight against these evil priests and cardinals that let the abuse go on as this priest molested my poor family member from ages 5 to 14, as well as over 13 other victims came forward after his appearance on Larry King. it is an amazing book, so sad but has a happy ending as he finally defeated his demons and took that piece of **** priest to court and him and `13 other victims won the lawsuit and received lots of money for it. this book is a must read - you can find it online or in bookstores for those interested, its called "Defeating the Demons within" by A. Cicchillo

Please be respectful of my post and the supportive comments of those who were abused as children. it haunts people well into adulthood.

Joao

now that's a real man, who is not AFRAID to break the conspiracy of silence and shame regarding sexual molestation of boys/men. Way too many men are walking around-totally screwed up, because some adult decided that they wanted to act out their disgusting fantasy on a child...

The world should be glad that I'm not GOD, because I'd zap every pervert with lighting... I would allow them to die, but suffer. What would it prove if I killed them, they wouldn't know [duhhh]

Buck

Who gives a ****!

SantaFeJack

I'm sorry for the pain these people have suffered, but I'm in the corner with people who are sick of hearing about it. It's not news if you hear about it twice a week. Based on these stories, it would seem that every fifth or sixth "celebrity" you can name is a victim of prolonged sexual abuse. Can this really be true? Maybe so, but that doesn't mean I, personally, want to read about it. And, yes, dissenters, I can just skip the stories. And I WILL in the future.

northern gypsy

i'm not questioning the validity of his confession...i believe him...
however...i'm guessing there's a hidden agenda ??? in other words...
perhaps a pending book...movie etc...etc ???
having said that...if it helps S.W.in the healing process...awesome

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments