Tracy Morgan

I'll Kill My Son

If He Acts Gay

6/10/2011 6:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan is under some very serious fire this morning -- after reportedly spewing some disgusting homophobic "jokes" during a performance in Nashville last week.

Tracy Morgan Homophobic

According to reports, Morgan took the stage at the Ryman Auditorium (pictured above) and went off about gays -- saying, "Gays need to quit being p**sies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying."

He added, "Gay is something that kids learn from the media and programming."

When talking about the possibility of his son being gay -- Tracy said he "better talk to me like a man and not in a gay voice or I'll pull out a knife and stab that little n**ger to death."

Afterward, Tracy told the crowd, "I don't "f*cking care if I piss off some gays, because if they can take a f*cking d**k up their ass ... they can take a f*cking joke."

After the performance, the Ryman Auditorium issued a statement on the performance saying, "The Ryman Auditorium regrets that people were offended by statements made by Tracy Morgan during his June 3 appearance."

The statement continues, "The Ryman does not control the content presented by people appearing on its stage, nor does it endorse any of the views of, or statements made by, such persons."

It's not the first time Morgan has ignited controversy over homphobic material -- back in 2009, a bunch of people reportedly walked out of his show at Carnegie Hall after he said being gay was a "choice."

So far, no comment from Morgan's camp.

tmz-top-comments
Am I Bugging You Am I Bugging You

So we live in a society now where you can't tell jokes that might offend some people? Get me off this planet.

writenow writenow

Tracy Morgan keeps saying Tina Fey "gets him." Well now. Are you listening Tina? Please "get him" off your show. Tracy Morgan is one very sick man.

Angela Angela

People don't LEARN to be gay from the media. That's just how they are born. What he said wasn't funny. It was rude and offensive, and shame on anyone who applauds that kind of behavior. I have now stopped being a fan of his.

tmz-top-comments
Am I Bugging You Am I Bugging You

writenow writenow

Angela Angela

Dave Dave

What an utter disgrace of a human being.

Annabel Annabel

We don't know whether Tracy Morgan is a homophobe or not. NO ONE on this board, or even commenting in the press, heard what was said or knows WHAT CONTEXT THE WORDS WERE SAID IN. Relax people. Tracy Morgan is an entertainer, and as anyone in entertainment knows, there are lots of gay people in entertainment. The man is probably NOT a homophobe, but sometimes even comedians get it wrong.

jeff jeff

I'm still waiting for his punchline.

firebaby

someone needs to erase "homophobe" from english language now... nothing at all scary about ****...
and i cosign your post, bojangles....

phyuck

Jesus people...he is a comedian known for saying outrageous stuff. He is not the President of the United States. These were just jokes. Get over it. He wasn't being serious. Just like when Gilbert Gottfried made the tsunami jokes. People got offended, but they were just jokes. Really not a big deal.

Chase

Funny thing is, every gay friend I have LOVES 30 Rock because it is as 'smart' as it is funny, while straight people rush to shows like 2 1/2 Men (making it, until we see what happens this coming season, tv's number 1 sitcom). 30 Rock I will choose to watch something else from now on. Just like he has the right to say offensive things, we have the right to be offended by them and speak back. Notice how racists are always so quick to jump to someone's 'right' to be ignorant or a bully, but when someone stands up and says "it's NOT ok to speak that way about me" you're "whining". Rosa Parks coulda sat in the back of the bus, but she just HAD to sit in the front, didn't she????

puddy

Well people he is a comedian doing stand up. Stand up comedian's routine often revolve around a character they are portraying or a situation that they are making fun of. With out context you cannot judge him from this snippet from his routine. Just imagine if somebody played audio snippets from Dave Chappelle's "Black White Supremacist" sketch or snippets from the Mel Brooks movie "Blazing Saddles". You would think that they were both raging racist and homophobes. This crap is just more of Perez Hilton trying to pass himself off as important and relevant by manufacturing controversy.

SantaFeJack

30 Rock is not so entertaining that I will continue to watch...show business only responds to the bottom line. Fewer viewers...fewer ad dollars sold. Obviously, I would not have ever been caught dead at a Tracy Morgan concert. His "jokes" are comparable to some white comic rallying for hanging N****S. Would the black community be accused of being overly-sensitive if they objected to that "joke"? I doubt it.

Maple

American Pie - Way to get all your facts wrong - gay people are the biggest haters on earth. You obviously hate black people with your stupid, incorrect facts. Not everyone likes gays and the sickness they have. Deal with it.

Mork12

Tracy has some serious stones,(for a guy with a girls name)...Keep up the good work Tracy

Donna

I really don't see how this is considered comedy. He said he would kill his own son if he told him he was gay. That is really sad. Wonder how he would feel if he found out his kidney donor was gay? I can take a joke as good as the next guy, but some things shouldn't be joked about. It's really sad the hatred people show towards others who aren't the same as they are. It sure would be a dull world if everyone was the same. Also, why do we even care what sexual preference people are? Who cares what goes on behind closed doors?

Rogue Warrior

So this is what he ACTUALLY said, which is MUCH different then "He said he'd kill his son if he's gay"! He just doesn't want his boy to ACT like a girl like those drama queen gays.

I'd see his act and I wouldn't be offended but then again, I'm not gay so I could care less.

Torico

At least he has the guts to say what's on his mind.

peter

Could not agree more with Tracy... Tracy, don't you dare to apologize...

lanie

I am 100% pro-gay, however, I do understand that some people are not, due to religious reasons. And I would never tell someone that their opinions are wrong, especially in regards to religious beliefs.

However, Tracy Morgan's rant was out of HATE. It doesn't sound like he was joking or it was funny at all.

He's an ultra-lib too, right?

I am a libertarian but vote Republican for many elections.

There goes the theory that liberals are gay-friendly.. and Republicans are anti-gay racists..

SantaFeJack

@phyuck: Interesting that you brought up Gilbert Gottfried. His "jokes" about the Japanes tsunami cost him a very lucrative commercial gig with Aflack. Tracy Morgan and by association 30 Rock will feel the impact of Morgan's so-called jokes.

Stella

we have become such a society of prudes.....he's a comedian...he makes jokes....I hate how P.C we have gotten...LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!

cheeseburg

Tracey your the man, bought dam time someone in Hollywood stud up for us not so friendly to gays people, I stand with Tracey, an thank him for his balls to say, what the majority of Americans fell about homos!