Gay Rights Groups to Morgan

We DEMAND Apology

6/10/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The largest gay rights groups in the country are condemning Tracy Morgan's homophobic stand-up act in Nashville ... insisting, "anti-gay violence is not something to joke about."

0610_hr_glaad_tracy_EX2

TMZ spoke with Jarrett Barrios -- the President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- who tells us the organization is investigating the situation, and if the reports are true, "We call on him to remove these violently anti-gay remarks from his show and send a strong message that anti-gay violence is not something to joke about."

The Human Rights Campaign is equally upset -- telling us, "Hateful remarks that mock youth suicides and the very real emotional and sometimes physical bullying LGBT kids face on a daily basis have no place in a comedy routine.”

The group adds, "If these allegations are true, Tracy Morgan must immediately accept responsibility and apologize.”

1redfifty5

Man I am so tired everyone wants an apology . When I was growing up we used the f-g word like it was candy and nobody said anything. People are way to sensitive about everything . If your fat then your fat . If you gay your gay live with it . thats why this country is in the toilet . We need to get back to family values and quit worrying about what a comedian said its called comedy.

Daniel

So what, im tired of everybody getting pissed about everyone elses opinion. If he doesnt like gay people, good its his right not to like them, you dont like gey jokes dont listen. I dont like gay people can i say that or is it wrong. Here, i think being gay is wrong thats my opinion and im entitaled to it.

Anna

I find it funny that people can't have their own opinion anymore. He was talking in first person, not telling people to do anything; last I checked the First Amendment still gave us the right to free speech. If you don't agree, then don't buy tickets to his show or leave. Which is what people did. Ya know for a group of people who are screaming for equality, they seem just as close minded as the people they are calling for apologies from.

GOLLY

I demand an apology from GLAAD for subveting the morals of this once great country. I demand an apology from GLAAD for their constant whining.

They talk about there has probably been dozens of suicides from bullying. Out of how many millions of people? I'd take those odds.

The "gay agenda" is telling children in school that "if they feel different, they might be gay". How many children feel different? Almost all. They are children and still learning so much about themselves. To try to label them and have them commiting abhorent and devient behavior is most irresponsible. Gay groups should NOT be allowed in schools.

jdub

They DEMAND an apology????? Get over yourselves!!!!! It may have been a bad joke but it was a JOKE!! Last time i checked there is this litle thing in the US called free speech... If you dont like it don't listen to him and hate him if you must. But demanding an apology??? Give me a break..

Maria

He is anti-gay ,if he didn't care he would not refer to gays the way he did it! I hope his son don't become a gay ,he will kill him for sure! she should keep his mouth shot becaue Karma is comimg to him! I bet many gays help him to be were he is now! this people became rich and famous and they forget were they coame from .....they are nobody and became Divas,"you can take a kid from the ghetto ,but you can take the ghetto from the kid" soo true! who is him ? just another comedian ....I use to like him ,not he is not more in my list of great commedians for sure .He is ANTI-GAY....a apology is not enough ,not buying his tickets is good enough! he apologize because they told him to do it! but he doesn't care! he should keep his mouth shut he has a son.....who knows ?

D

such a coward!

Pat

What good or how sincere is an apology if you have to "demand" it?

trish

I'm suprized anyone would even let him on a stage...he is SO NOT funny, and never has been. What he said is so obviously the way he feels, and no amount of apoligies make any difference!!!

glaadsux

GLAAD SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

menolikeit

What happened to free speech? He should get to face crowds walking out of his performances and turning off 30 rock or whatever the show is that he is on and when his sponsors drop the shows they will fire him. Instead hrc and glaad jump up for apoligies and he is like a catholic on sunday free of sin. I dont need hrc or glad recieveing apoligies on my behalf. Im capable of shutting off the stations that this jerk and a lot of other jerks are on, not buying poroducts from his sponsors and so on.

menolikeit

Jaymalls

Gay/Lesbian people were not born that way. If you believe that... your nuts!!! A anus was made to excrete body waste not get penetrated #FACT! What Tracy said was way over the top... dont get me wrong. But 80% of what he said was true. Your not gonna stop bullying. It happens in school and in the workplace. Its the result of takeovers (Government & Private Sector), War, Religion, etc. People just need 2 stop crying and MAN THE **** UP!!! Its a natural instinct all animals (humans are animals) have... only the strong survive. Ultimately, this is how leaders made and separated from the pawns! #FACT

AJD

Oh please, he's a comedian...comedians make fun of people. Get over it!

BDoll

F*CK YOU GLAAD!!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE "DEMANDING" APOLOGIES FROM EVERYONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE GAYS, ****, HOMOS, OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL "THEM", THE "RESPECT" THEY BEG FOR?? I FREAKING WISH I WAS IN THE PUBLIC EYE SO I COULD MAKE A ********LUR & CAUSE AN UPROAR WHICH WILL NO DOUBT HAVE YOU BEGGING FOR AN APOLOGY. THEN I COULD GLAADLY SAY F*CK YOUR FOUNDATION, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING YOU COULD EVER DO TO MAKE ME TAKE IT BACK OR APOLOGIZE. I WOULDN'T OWE YOU GAY AZZEZ ****!!