'In Plain Sight' Star -- Too Drunk to Care For Child

6/11/2011 3:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"In Plain Sight" star Nichole Hiltz appeared way too intoxicated to care for her child on the night cops arrested the 32-year-old actress on suspicion of child neglect ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Nichole Hiltz 911 Call

Cops responded to the Nichole's home after a woman whose speech was VERY slurred called 911 -- and talked gibberish to the operator on May 31.

Once cops arrived, we're told officers determined Hiltz appeared HAMMERED and was unable to care for the minor child who was in the home.

Hiltz was booked on suspicion of misdemeanor child neglect -- and the child was taken into protective custody.

An attorney for the actress tells us the situation was a "misunderstanding" and the child wasn't harmed.

We're told cops are still investigating the incident.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

That is NOT a STAR! It's a drunk woman, who people see on TV.

TheHOLETruth

In plain sight; is that a group, another stupid reality show, or another stupid show.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

to The Hole Truth - I was guessing it was TV, but I don't know either???? Maybe someone will tell us on this site.

Superman

^ stupid TV show.

So, what was the "misunderstanding"...that she called 911 or that she's a mom drunk out of her mind? Because it sounds to me that it's good fortune for the child that she mistakenly called 911. The attorney should say that instead of trying to blow it off as nothing!

Brian

So the lady that plays a white trash, selfish, and neglectful woman on T.V. actually isn't acting? Shocker.

pandora

Yeah,TV show about WITSEC in it's fourth season(how did it get past 1???).

TMP

She probably has enough money to hire a nanny on the nights she wants to get wasted.. so... why didn't she.

What a dummy.

Meanie

When did Hollywood turn into a the trailer park?

Lisa

I heard she is using Lycogel uk breathable make up, luxury foundation does not mean CLASS!!!

Rogue Warrior

She's HOT so she gets a pass, this time.

Karla

Why is it taking so long for this to be investigated??? If it is really a serious charge why have they not expedited it????

My goodness when someone reported that Mariah Carey drank a Guiness(which is not a crime at all I might add/although perhaps a judgement call for some)they had someone at their home the day or day after she got home from the hospital

Now we have a situation where allegedly someone was intoxicated and they are still investigating. I have another comment but will hold off until the "investigation" is finally complete

stu

She called looking for Dr Drew.
Next celb rehab will have no problems finds candidates. Her,the chick from "Earl"...

FrankieBones

So quick to judge on nothing more than a brief recording - when was the last time you were hammered and called 911? Never! it doesn't happen, you call 911 when you need help. You can comment on her acting or the shows popularity but at the end of the day she still has a role.

Guest

Sheriffs just called to her address