Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

GEL

@LadyBeagles 18 minutes ago
("People forget he was always a pro on the set. The other baggage was his personal life. Its too bad Chuck Lorre couldn't be professional and separate the two. I'll be watching.")

Are you serious? Have you somehow missed all the days he DIDN't show up for work when people were there waiting on him? All the days he showed up wasted and missed his mark, or leaned against the furniture on the sets because he couldn't stand up?! He wasn't fired simply because of his behavior outside of the set...don't know where you are getting your info from, but it's totally wrong.

CA Girl

You're absolutely right, Gel. Sheen was a far cry from "being a pro" on the set, since, as you say, scenes were blocked to allow for his increasing use of the furniture to prop himself up. Yeah, he was a real pro, alright! (And oh man, I bet he had really bad breath, too. Yikes.) Poor guy. All this silly "troll" stuff, people reminding people what a psychotic he became. He did waaaaay worse than anything Mel EVER did!

But here's a new idea. Something tells me it might not be too much longer before Anthony Weiner is looking for a new job. When his wife finally dumps him (as long as Hillary says it's okay), he could go on tour and they could call it the "Sheeneir Show." And and and - one of the perks could be that Weiner could finally meet some of the hookers he sent those pics to. Hey, it'd be a job...... It's a whole new career!

Hey Now

The updated pic (that's recent right?) that TMZ put of Charlie Sheen is very nice. He looks handsome in this picture.

And he IS a handsome guy but obviously years of all that sh*t will take it'll toll. But if this is recent - I say he is looking much better than I thought. (Just in case they change it again - he has glasses on in this pic)

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

HEY TMZ!

AT LEAST PUT THE REALLY BAD PICTURE
THAT MOST OF US COMMENTED ON, IN A SMALL
CORNER OF THIS STORY SO THAT EVERYONE NEW
GETS TO SEE WHAT MOST OF US (AT LEAST THRU
PG. TEN)SAW AND "WHY" WE MADE THOSE COMMENTS!!

THE CURRENT PICTURE LOOKS SOOOO MUCH DIFFERENT. IT MAKES ME WONDER IF SOMEONE IN CHARLIE'S CAMP CALLED YOU GUYS, 'CAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER YOU EVER CHANGING A PICTURE BEFORE????

kitnplayn

You must admit, he is a facinating and arrogant s.o.b. Hey John, since when do you only watch entertainers if you approve of their personal life styles? What about if you don't know about their personal life styles, aren't you then taking a big risk, lol? Hate the guy all you want, but don't hate the talent unless it is deserved. Obviously, millions of people love his talent, so how many times have you watched?

Winnie

Viva La Charlie - can't wait for the announcement. With you all the way BABY!!!

Kim

Not winning, but BORING!!

B

Sorry, Charlie. You blew it BIG time and now no one cares.

who cares

Thats weak TMZ removing the other picture. You should explain why? The other pic was a more accurate picture of charlie now. The new picture is like a Glamor shot from 5 years ago.

I too think Charlies people called TMZ on it and they took it down. Your weak TMZ for bowing to Charlies people you pu**ies.

charliefan

Wow I really hope this is true.Would love to watch the show with Charlie in it.Thanks TMZ you made my week :)

Puckett

He'll be back, and i'm looking forward to it too! If true this is good news! Go Charlie!

charliefan

I am with you all the way Charlie no matter what anyone else says about you.I'll definitely be watching if your new show comes on :)

Observer

Charlie who??

ksis

Good for him IF it's true. After all, this is TMZ. Hardly reliable source of information, especially about someone they hate. LOL

Trisha

Charlie Sheen is so OVER!! Maybe his new show should be called Celebrity Rehab and Spa hosted by Charlie Sheen. He would run a rehab center where he plays a recovering addict and all around bad boy trying to help others like himself and his motto would be "Winning, I did it so can you". Ohhh wait, that show's already has been done and it's his real life so the acting wouldn't have to be stretched very far. I certainly won't tune in this new show if it ever comes to pass.