Charlie Sheen

Negotiating For New Sitcom

6/13/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with Charlie Sheen tell TMZ ... the actor is negotiating a "big offer" for a new TV series that could debut as early as January, 2012.

0224_charlie_sheen_getty_EX

We're told Charlie's reps are in "deep negotiations" and the deal could be done by week's end.

Our sources say the sitcom is being written specifically around Charlie and will air on a broadcast network. The deal does not call for a pilot. The show would go straight to series.

Our sources would not reveal details about the sitcom, except to say Chuck Lorre is NOT involved.

tmz-top-comments

Bons Bons

"I used to be a HUGE fan...but now I can't even watch reruns of his shows!!!! Wayyyyyy too much baggage to forgot when watching him!! He needs to find a new career and a new dentist!!!"

Truth Truth

Good for Charlie! At least he is honest about who he is and he does not go around lying and cheating like our so many of our US Congressman do. MaSheen is the real deal and you can't beat his honesty!

John John

That is a show I'll never watch. In my book, he crossed a lot of lines, calling anyone who didn't worship is crack-using butt, a troll. I hope the advertisers understand that a lot of people feel like me and won't be seeing any of the products advertised on any of his shows.

tmz-top-comments
Bons Bons

Truth Truth

John John

Amy Amy

Wow they would basically be exploiting a mentally ill person for money. Charlie Sheen is not mentally stable to be on TV again. It would be the worst kind of voyeurism

bigbucks bigbucks

Why are they calling Intervention a "new" show?

SusanCoyote SusanCoyote

I guess it won't be about a dental office.

John

Kari

Whoever is negotiating with Charlie, they are disgusting. The guy is so mentally unbalanced, drug addicted and emotionally fragile. And he really needs to get to a dentist.

Hoopee

Charlie seems to think the entire success of Two and a Half Men was due to himself. He's wrong. It was a combination of characters. Charlie Sheen needs to move to Costa Rica so he can get his 'blow' for cheap and stay there. Prostitution is legal there. Whatever he does, I know I'll never be watching him on my television again.

H

Only scene I want to see this arrested wife beater in is while he is wearing an orange prison jumpsuit as he is shackled in chains from his ankles up to under his ******** and wrists while hobbling away to serve time in prison for physically assaulting his last wife.

Sandra

Don't care and have never watched anything he has been in because I can't stand him!!

SandyDee

How much does Sheen's PR firm pay TMZ to do "promos" for Chuckles? How's he gonna get bonded by an insurance company? I hope some idiots tank their $$ into him. Hey here's an idea. What not put his crackhead friend and felon Nails as his sidekick on the show. Oh wait, he's still in jail where Carlos will be joining him very soon. You can count on it.

jack-55d79

I think it depends, like the new 2.5 Men, on whether the writing pulls it off. Way I look at it is that Charlie Sheen, like Kutcher, has a track record of following scripts, acting, and taking direction (unlike Kutcher mostly in spite of a private life that is deeply stupid). The quality of their cogs in sitcom machine is virtually a given, but if the screenplay doesn't work they're screwed. I hope Sheen has got some good writers, Lorre at least has a track record. From what I've read about the way US sitcoms are funded there's not much room to get it wrong the first time.

1mrtime

I am a huge fan of Charlie Sheen and admire that he is trying to get his life/career on track. That being said I will only watch a show where he plays a "reformed" Charlie fighting to stay clean-- he can still have the chicks but come on Charlie, you have to clean up your act to win your fans back!!!

Hey Now

I'll watch it. I hope it works out for him AND I hope it's a very good show!

rico

yeah right, and Charlie was previously negotiating his return to Two and a Half Men!

linda antonioli

yuuuuuuck! any woman that can watch anything this idiot participates in is missing brain cells. what a loser. time for rehab, *******!

Cujeaux

I won't be watching unless he plays someone completely out of character. Ripping off 2 1/2 men and his real life womanizing persona = failure, Not#winning , drained tigerblood.

Aileen

I can'*****ch Charlie Sheen anymore either. Too much bs to make the show at all believable. I look forward to seeing if Ashton Kutcher can step up to the plate though.

Aileen

I just posted that I can't "watch" Charlie Sheen anymore but TMZ blocked the word. I don't know why, but that was all I was trying to say!

Holly Wilson

When the Daily Rash posted the story about Oregon's Moss Man blaming Charlie Sheen's hairpiece for driving him insane I knew things were going to get weird! http://www.thedailyrash.com/?p=4816