Crystal Harris

Ditched Hefner

Over Money and Music

6/14/2011 2:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hugh Hefner was left at the altar because his 25-year-old fiancee Crystal Harris wanted two things -- a bigger allowance and a career in the music biz.

0614_crystal_harris_getty_ex
Sources close to Crystal tell us she was fed up with the "couple hundred dollar" weekly allowance she got from Playboy -- and wanted to make her own cheese.

We're told Crystal purely focused on launching her music career -- even with the wedding just days away.

Sources involved in planning the massive wedding say Crystal felt like she "couldn't be married to Hef and have a successful music career" -- even though millions and millions of people are married with careers ... and with MUCH less money.

KatHoo

We might be getting a glimpse of the next OC Housewife...

Amy

She should just marry Hef. She will never have a successful music career because she will never be taken seriously!

jeffdg

i don't think hef much to worry about ... we all know how bunnies multiply ... there are probably a few new ones at his door now!!!

virgosiempre

I applaud her not committing to this ridiculous union. Would you want to wake up everyday to a great grandfather figure? Hugh Hefner needs to get psychiatric help, throw out his silk pajamas and respect women.
Probably,the only one who loved him was Holly...his loss.

Roast_Beef

She really is a bimbo! LMAO
She SHOULD have married him and in no time could have had it ALL!
C'est la vie. Love is a many splendored thing.

piratesrule8

Was most likely all about publicity for her "music career" and she had no intention of actually marrying him. Job well done by her... Unfortunately she wont have a music career that lasts longer than 1 single at best.

Prentice

When you think about it, It really is a blessing in disguise for Hef. Not only did she expose herself as a gold digger, but she left early in the game before the marriage was finalized. So Hef's bank account is safe and sound.. Hef didn't fall that hard, his cash broke his fall. Theres plenty more young naive blondes where she came from.. Now lets just wait until she inevitably ends up on the sunset strip getting pimped out

Ronald RayGun

Keep dreaming kid because that's all you really have left.

Jeff Solano

She couldn't do it "get married" because she knew she was going to want to **** hope and not be a faithful bitch.

Marie

The real reason Crystal Harris ditched her fiance Hugh Hefner is because she was tired of changing his dirty diapers every thirty minutes.

coco

There are plenty of pro athletes she can marry for $.

Brian

Wow, I really-really thought these two were in love I was completely shocked to hear she had other motivations to marry him - I'm still shaking my heading thinking she wasn't marrying Hef because of his charm and personality... Mood: Shocked!

Italia

I don't think this girl was a Gold digger, at least not in a "sneeky" sense of the word. I think she was straight with him in letting it be known what she expected the terms of the marriage would be. The only thing that "shocks" me is that there is actually someone out there who would think that 85 year old Hugh Heffner is going to find a young 25 year old girl that actually "falls in love" with him? The guy is old as dirt.

Hef's "love" days were over back in 1965 and he gave a little bit to every woman he could. I bet he’s got so many STDs that some are even named after him.

He's trying to marry women who are 40 years YOUNGER than him, and being that the only thing Hugh has to offer is his money and his connections, I feel she made the best choice that she could have made.

I hope she can actually sing, if she can someone out there will give her a break just for having the guts to "just say no" to a multi-millionaire.

Italia

I don't think this girl was a golddigger, at least not in a "sneeky" sense of the word. I think she was straight with him in letting it be known what she expected the terms of the marriage would be. The only thing that "shocks" me is that there is actually anyone out there who would think that Hugh is going to find a young 25 year old that actually "loves" him?

Huge's "love" days were over back in 65. He's trying to marry women who are 40 years YOUNGER than him, and being that the only thing Hugh has to offer is his money and his connections, I feel she made the best choice that could me made.

Kari

With or without Hef, I don't see her having a music career. He's better off without her.