Celeb Settles 'Herpes Lawsuit' for Millions

6/20/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The A-list celebrity "of substantial fame internationally" who allegedly gave a Las Vegas visitor herpes has settled the case for just over $5 million ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0617_herpes_vegas_ex

We broke the story ... the plaintiff in the case claims the celeb -- a male who is referred to as John Doe in the lawsuit -- allegedly lured him/her to a hotel room and gave assurance he was STD free.

The plaintiff claims what followed was "mutual oral copulation, mutual self-gratification, rubbing and massaging each other, play-wrestling, licking and [unprotected] intercourse."

The plaintiff claims the entire affair was videotaped.

According to the suit, the celeb knew all along he had herpes, and transmitted it to the plaintiff.

We're told Keith Davidson, the lawyer for the plaintiff, has been negotiating with the defendant even before the suit was filed last month. The case settled last week.

So we'll never know the identity of the A-list herpes celeb.

Hollywood beware.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Cartman

We will never find out it was Charlie Sheen.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I am glad __________ had to pay for it!

Hoopee

Sounds like Angelina is on the prowl again.

will

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

The more I thought about it, was it HIV? Everything else is confidential sooooo. If it truly was Herpes, then buddy, you got luckier THIS time!

Me

So much for self responsibility. She just met this person and trusts they are clean because they say so. He could have caught something between testing for all she knew.

I do feel bad for her, I am sure most people would choose being healthy over 5 million but come on. She knowingly took a gamble when she had unprotected sex with a stranger.

Observer

That has got to be the most EXPENSIVE one nighter of Allll time!

I HOPE who it is, comes out like The Weiner did!

TMZ minds wanna know!

amazon_woman

Probably Jeter

CM

In the original filing (I think posted a while ago on RadarOnline) - the filing mistakenly gave away it was between 2 guys...

Jimmy

Will said "ewww you can never get rid of herpes rap it up people and get test every 3 months know your status"

Isn't that the point? This guy knew his STD status and just flat out lied? That's a crime in most states that can land a person in jail. Good for this lady at holding the loser accountable.

And by the way - herpes is spread via skin to skin contact. A condom isn't a guarantee. How about this: you get educated before you speak?

CM

My apologies - it was TMZ which orginally posted the filing NOT RadarOnline.
See the filing at:

Jimmy

Oh "me" ... commenting up there, coming to the defense of a total liar and sleazeball. It's really pretty simple. She asked and he lied. You don't get to lie about having a permanent, communicable disease. Ever.

You're the one with NO conscience. Defending the right of someone to lie... tell me, when's the last time you demanded the full gamut of STD testing before you had sex with someone? And then about about this - it takes time for results. What if they messed around with someone else in the meantime? Those results don't mean much, then, do they then? Things can change in the blink of an eye. And don't assume you're safe because you're married - your spouse could have cheated. Your relationships are not foolproof, contrary to what you may think. And condoms don't work 100% against herpes - or HPV, for that matter.

bmull

For $5 million you can do what you want with me. I don't care what you have.

Jodi

If you're not naming names the story means nothing...at least to me. lol.

ChrisB

The description of the act suggests 2 guys and the do***ents at the link posted by CM also state - IT WAS 2 GUYS - people, quit saying 'she'.

So, at least 2 reasons this is confidential, maybe for both parties.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments