Celeb Settles 'Herpes Lawsuit' for Millions

6/20/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The A-list celebrity "of substantial fame internationally" who allegedly gave a Las Vegas visitor herpes has settled the case for just over $5 million ... sources connected with the case tell TMZ.

0617_herpes_vegas_ex

We broke the story ... the plaintiff in the case claims the celeb -- a male who is referred to as John Doe in the lawsuit -- allegedly lured him/her to a hotel room and gave assurance he was STD free.

The plaintiff claims what followed was "mutual oral copulation, mutual self-gratification, rubbing and massaging each other, play-wrestling, licking and [unprotected] intercourse."

The plaintiff claims the entire affair was videotaped.

According to the suit, the celeb knew all along he had herpes, and transmitted it to the plaintiff.

We're told Keith Davidson, the lawyer for the plaintiff, has been negotiating with the defendant even before the suit was filed last month. The case settled last week.

So we'll never know the identity of the A-list herpes celeb.

Hollywood beware.

ShellyBoo

Perhaps this is the one you speak of with Herpes?

Firefly

Here is a major possibility, check it out.

Sources say Busta Rhymes is having some major financial issues and is maxing out credit cards left and right. As if being broke isn’t enough, Busta also has an alleged sex tape with a tranny floating around. More info under the hood.

An insider says that Busta is living on his mom’s credit cards and doing any show he can get now. His credit card most recently got declined at a 5 star hotel, some months back when he was checking in.

Debt isn’t his only problem; Busta also has about 6-7 kids. A source says he doesn’t like to use condoms despite the fact that he has herpes which he doesn’t disclose up front or at all. Now, there is a sex tape floating around with him and a well-known tranny. He is on the top.

Seeing how we’ve never seen Busta in a real relationship at all since he’s been on the scene, there may be some truth to this one. SMH.

Firefly

artie needs help.

Kris Carr

Ok, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess either Leo Di. or George Clooney. They are both internationaly known A-list celebs and has tons of money. Also, both likes to frequent Vegas. Just my guess.

Why?

Going by the desciption of the sex act I believe it is a male celebrity and a male sex partner. Somehow I do not think this was a guy and a girl. That is quite a nice settlement. I bet we will find out who it is someday nothing stays a secret for long these days. Somebody is going to talk. Even the "person" who was the one that got the herpes might not have to say anything but if I had a friend or a family who suddenly got rich over night I might put 2 and 2 together.

duhwinner

BUSTA RHYMES (or maybe George Michael)

Jasper

So we still have an unknown celebrity trolling about town spreading his herpes to unsuspecting partners?

If I were a herpes-free celebrity, I'd be pretty irritated that now I can't get laid because nobody knows who's spreading the herpes.

Dan da man

Losing!!!!!!!!!!

Blue

For 5 million, it has to be someone on the Forbe's highest paid actors list. Thats a lot of money. Wonder how they proved they didn't have Herpes before the encounter? Must have been someone very, very young maybe?

nrharris

LOL @ the person who said it was Busta Rhymes.

$5 million in exchange for herpes? That's one orgasm that's gonna last a lifetime!

Who has unprotected booty call sex? I don't care WHO it is. This person almost deserved what they got. I say almost because they did at least take the time out to ask if whether or not the person had an STD. I'll give them credit for that. Most idiots assume celebs are immune to EVERYTHING!!

$5 million is a lot of money. I wonder if they'll donate a portion to a herpes research fund of some sort? (Highly unlikely)

Dragon Tattoo

After paying the lawyer, how much does he get? I am sure it was two dudes, the wrestling thing . . .I don't know many men who like to wrestle girls.

CA Girl

Five million dollars (big deal...) for a case of herpes that will NEVER go away - ever. Those blisters will keep showing up until the day the "victim" dies. It's horrible, and of course, even without visual evidence showing, a person carrying the herpes simplex still can infect others, male or female. Inquiring Minds Want To Know who the HECK is the big, rich, "internationally known" celebrity careless enough to do this to another human being. But then again, what idiot is willing to have unprotected sex with an unknown quantity these days? You reap what you sow. It's a sorry lesson, but truth. (Oh yeah, and the lawyer gets 1/3, at least.)

RabbleRouser

This really isn't about the 'herpes'.

There is no way to prove this 'person' caught the virus from the un-named celebrity.
This is there way of getting them to 'buy' the sex tape and their silence. My guess the person is either married or gay on the DL or both.

My only question is WHERE IS GLORIA?

marcia

Maybe it's Jamie Foxx...

Puckett

Jasper about an hour ago

----

They still have those in Hollywood?