Johnny Knoxville:

'I Lost My Brother Ryan Dunn'

6/20/2011 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville just took to Twitter -- expressing his sadness over the death of his friend, Ryan Dunn -- saying "Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn. My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie."

0620_johnny_ryan_BN

Johnny continued the post saying, "RIP Ryan , I love you buddy."

Knoxville and Dunn famously goofed off in the "Jackass" films together -- and from the sound of the tweet -- it appears they were pretty close.

TMZ also spoke with Jeff Tremaine -- who starred and directed the "Jackass" movies -- who told us, "I feel like I lost a brother. Ryan Dunn was family and we are all deeply devastated."

Wee Man has also tweeted -- "RYAN DUNN-- a super awesome memory was at the J RODY walston & the business show!!! I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!"

Dunn died in a car accident this morning in Pennsylvania -- when his car sped off the road and crashed into the woods. It was "fully engulfed in flames" when police arrived on the scene.

Kevin

He just appeared on Minute to Win it with his friend Jhonny last Wedsnday. I don't know how this could happen. I know it probably taped a while back but still.

TAMMY

RIP IN RYAN DUNN U WILL BE MISSED I'M FROM PA

L

I read some of the comments posted and all I can say is shame on all of you that dare judge this man.
He is dead, have some respect or get lost. Pathetic fools.

lori

I cant even read some of these comments how can people be so heartless yeah he made a mistake but he dosent deserve to die for it! EVERYONE makes mistakes at some point in their life this site should be a place where people can remember ryan not for ignorant ******** to make stupid comments! My heart goes out to all of his friends and family R.I.P. Ryan you will be sadly missed!

TCS

You people are some low life ******uckers anybody who can say they havent ever seen 1 cky or jackass is a lie and this is a loss. RIP Ryan...i was a fan and **** all these shrimps who hide behind the computer talking like this...grow some balls....be a man and show respect for the guy...he had a family just like you.

Samantha

Rest in peace, you will be missed dearly<3 and btw lol Ryan Dunns wasn't in Hangover.. xD "thatguy66" dude right? that's exactly what I was thinking [x

jsk

wow artofwar ur a bigger dumbass than than all these other people hatin on ryan. RIP RYAN. U WILL BE FORGIVEN.

shaun666

Forget R.I.P , no rest for the wicked ryan, hope they have enough tequela waiting for ya ........ Rage on.......

justin

to any of u sorry **** heads that talk **** about ryan dunn should go shoot yourselfs so we can talk **** about u go to hell he was a great guy he drinks who dosent no one deserves to die r.i.p ryan

QUE83

i read some of these comments and shake my head soo the **** wat if he was known 4 some off the wall antics at the end of the day he is human jus like every 1 else a person who has lost their life wateva your personal thoughts r if they aint expressions of sadness of the lost of this person keep that **** 2 ya self its amazing how people lose focus and turns something tragic into something mean at the end of the day he was some1 who had an idea and excuted it wit his friend and came off well half u people up here talking **** prob couldnt muster half the balls 2 do the things they have done...****in haters..... god bless mr dunns fam n friends hold ya heads....

Tabbetha

Dude shut the **** up for the ppl who are hating on Dunn.Yea he drink and drive have a funckin heart and feel sorry for the dude!

Rene

He had a good life !

bill jones

Yes this is tragic and he should not have been drinking but I get so sick of these MADD paid hacks not only undemocratically pressuring lawmakers and judges but crassly telling people to burn in hell, etc. all over the internet. Is this an indication of extreme hate or you people just desperate to get paid to post this flammable rhetoric? I hope it is the latter.

Betty

WOW! I can't believe how hateful people are. Two people are dead and that is always sad!!

Moonbeam

Even a man of his size cannot drink 4 shots and 4 beers (if they are the usual volume of alcohol) in 4 hours and not have an unsafe blood alcohol level for driving. As tragic as this is, I'm still glad he did not kill anyone in another car. His passenger obviously got into the car knowing he should not have done so, unless he was also too impaired to make a better decision.