Johnny Knoxville:

'I Lost My Brother Ryan Dunn'

6/20/2011 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville just took to Twitter -- expressing his sadness over the death of his friend, Ryan Dunn -- saying "Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn. My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie."

0620_johnny_ryan_BN

Johnny continued the post saying, "RIP Ryan , I love you buddy."

Knoxville and Dunn famously goofed off in the "Jackass" films together -- and from the sound of the tweet -- it appears they were pretty close.

TMZ also spoke with Jeff Tremaine -- who starred and directed the "Jackass" movies -- who told us, "I feel like I lost a brother. Ryan Dunn was family and we are all deeply devastated."

Wee Man has also tweeted -- "RYAN DUNN-- a super awesome memory was at the J RODY walston & the business show!!! I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!"

Dunn died in a car accident this morning in Pennsylvania -- when his car sped off the road and crashed into the woods. It was "fully engulfed in flames" when police arrived on the scene.

court

the disrespect is disgusting.he made a mistake and now he and his family and loved ones are paying for it and will for the rest of their lives.think if this was your brother or child.im sorry for the loss.

Jared

Whats wrong with you people? A man is dead and you have people hiding behind theyre keyboards saying how stupid he was and how he had it coming. Ryan Dunn helped bring laughter to millions of fans and he will be sorely missed. RIP Dunn

sam

i just want to say my prayers go out to the family and friends, and how can you people be so rude he is somebody's child, if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything at all, how would you feel if your child died and somebody was saying what your saying. RIP Ryan.

lc

sad to see how hateful this world is. The man is dead he has payed for his ignorance now let him be in peace. you ppl are cruel and obnoxious so how bout the ones tht say all these bad things about a deceased man go tell your dead family in the ground i said go f##k themselves.

Sue Kusowski

Wow I had no idea there were so many perfect people out there that have never made a mistake in there lives, people are so judgemental of Ryan you would think he killed you and not himself.Let's not forget about his charities he gave some of his money to also. RIP Ryan...see ya on the other side!!!

Curtis

I cant believe some of you people are being so childish....... The man died for gods sake, show some respect! You don't even know if the accident was caused by DUI! R.I.P Ryan Dunn! My prayers go out to your family and friends.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I don't know, I wouldn't let my brother get drunk and drive. I'm sure there's a long line of idiots eager to take his place for Jackass 5.32.05.5...

This whole franchise shows how far and low many Americans have gone to seek entertainment TODAY.

Used to be people were entertained by the Stooges, not 7 idiots trying to maim and kill each others acting like morons. Then one REAL stunt claims one of them and everyone acts like this guy cured cancer.

All he gets from me is a prayer for his family he thoughtlessly left behind.

The rest he deserved just like you or me if we do the same damnn thing. That's why I DON'T. We've only seen 10 million people killed in drunk driving accidents in the past 50 years.

How may of you are headed out tonight to get drunk even after seeing what can happen for the what 40 millionth time? Have fun with your dead hero if so.

Chelsea

To all the haters, STFU. You didn't know that dude and knew nothing about him. All you saw was how he acted in JACKASS and Viva La Bam. Ryan Dunn was awesome. Stop being douchebags. If you have an issue with how he thought **** out that night, keep it to yoursel, Don't post it all over the internet. Get a life.

R.I.P Ryan Dunn <3

jimmy

Okay, so having a few drinks and driving 130 MPH(!!!) isn't a problem , be serious. A huge error in judgement and two lives lost and loved ones left to grieve those losses. Sometimes those error's in judgement come at far to high a cost. He was a funny guy and no doubt the senseless loss that defines tragic will impact those left to greive. Just a very sad and wastefull thing to happen .

DTBx10

tink981 and reallyirked, just stfu! You honestly dont know what it would be like to lose someone you loved. imagine 1 of your family members dead. You couldnt begin to understand how that feels.

jamie

man its really sad to see so many heartless critical people in this world. somebody lost their son and brother and wife or whtever he was to somebody and you all just sit here and talk **** like he wasnt a human being ..yeah he did dumb **** for money it doesnt make it ok to sit here and talk so much nonsense about him as if he wasnt a person.. its like does it make you feel better about yourself haha **** you *********s

Jessi Keith

@tink and Rodney - How absolutely disrespectful. Maybe you should consider the pain of losing someone before you make comments like that. If it were someone you loved, you're attitude would be completely different. If you're still cold-hearted enough to think those things, then spare us all your warped comments. The poor guy led a wonderful life, and left behind friends and family that loved him. Save your rudeness for your own petty amusement.

@J - Nice. Using someone's death to promote your political views. How low.

sharon stewart

I really liked ryan dunn....He was a cool person. Hey ryan RIP man you were a funny dude and a great person all the jackass fans will miss you..And i like to say sorry to his family and his wife..you all are in my prayers...

monster

ryan dunn was super funny may he go to jackass heaven and be able to do stunts and rest in peace

F*** YOU haters burn in hell where you belong

THESE IDIOTS SAYING ALL THE NEGATIVE **** ARE PROBABLY LOSERS JUST SAYING **** SO THEY HAVE PEOPLE TO TALK TO.YOU PEOPLE WILL LEARN WHAT HELL IS LIKE CAUSE THERE IS NO ROOM FOR A**HOLES LIKE YOU IN HEAVEN.GO BACK TO BEING LOSERS AND PLAYING WITH YOUR CATS,ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE DESTROYING THE WORLD. RYAN DUNN MADE PEOPLE LAUGH AND YES DRINKING AND DRIVEING IS VERY BAD,I'VE LOST SEVERAL FRIENDS FROM IT AND IN YOUR EYES I SHOULD HATE MY DEAD FRIENDS??? YOUR F***ING SICK.I HATE YOU PEOPLE AND FEEL NO REMORSE FOR YOUR FAMILY WHEN YOU DIE CAUSE YOU SHOULD OF NEVER BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO BREATH
R.I.P. RYAN DUNN MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO BOTH FAMILYS AND PRAY THEY NEVER SEE THIS THREAD, IM CONFUSED AS TO WHY TMZ ALLOWS THIS S**T