Johnny Knoxville:

'I Lost My Brother Ryan Dunn'

6/20/2011 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville just took to Twitter -- expressing his sadness over the death of his friend, Ryan Dunn -- saying "Today I lost my brother Ryan Dunn. My heart goes out to his family and his beloved Angie."

0620_johnny_ryan_BN

Johnny continued the post saying, "RIP Ryan , I love you buddy."

Knoxville and Dunn famously goofed off in the "Jackass" films together -- and from the sound of the tweet -- it appears they were pretty close.

TMZ also spoke with Jeff Tremaine -- who starred and directed the "Jackass" movies -- who told us, "I feel like I lost a brother. Ryan Dunn was family and we are all deeply devastated."

Wee Man has also tweeted -- "RYAN DUNN-- a super awesome memory was at the J RODY walston & the business show!!! I MISS YOU BUD!! You were always a happy kick-ass dude!!"

Dunn died in a car accident this morning in Pennsylvania -- when his car sped off the road and crashed into the woods. It was "fully engulfed in flames" when police arrived on the scene.

heather

honestly you should have sympathy for someone who has lost their life. even though he didnt make a smart choice by getting behind the wheel he still lost his life. and the people of jackass lost a true friend and to some lost a brother. so i would stfu if i were you. RIP RYAN DUNN...you will be missed <3

Carter Swenson

While I have sympathy for Ryan's and Zac's families I have no sympathy for a loser who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle with a BAC nearly 2 and a half times the legal limit and drives 130 mph on a public road.
We all should be thankful that more innocent people were not killed by this selfish drunk.

Joey

To all who said negative comment,YOUR ALL ***** YOUR MOTHERS ARE ***** HER MOTHERS MOTHERS ARE ***** YOUR FUTURE WIVES ARE *****?? HAVE SOME ******* RESPECT ***********!!!!!

T.J.

Also to add to my previous comment, I lived in Singapore for 5 years and there was not a legal limit if you caught drinking and driving no matter if it was one drink you lost your license for 1 year and you had to go to driving classes for that year then you got your license back no lei way its just the way it is.........luckily you didnt get caned for it cause they still do that there to.

T.J.

Heartbroken......never really watched the show that made Ryan Dunn so famous. Saw a show for charity that he and Steve O did think it was called In it to Win it or A Minute to Win it. Anyhow both very personable guys then the next thing I know he was killed in a car accident like 2 days later. Those of you how are bashing him, we have all done it before if you say you havent you lie like a rug, we have all gotten behind the wheel after drinking. No one knows or knew his future dont judge him lest you be judged! My heart goes out to his family and friends. He lived while he was alive and did what he wanted to do!!!!!

humanity?

i say you all just shut the **** up. he is gone, grow a ******* heart. and have some respect. rest in peace Ryan Dunn.

Mrfixit315

When you go out of your way to live in the most idiotic way possible, how else could you end up.

christiecaraker

I wish ppl would stop with their negative comments. It isn't your place to judge. Ppl need to stop acting like they have never did anything wrong. Only god is allowed judge and the ppl who do wrong will face the man when it is their time. My prayers go out to all his family and friends. R.I.P Dunn

hillbilly

been fan of jackass from tha begin ~ i have lost a bro to ! it sux !!! feel yalls pain ~ wish i could make it not hurt so bad ~ holler if yall need 2 talk ` jackass fan hillbilly ~ r~i~p ryan !!!! C U N HEAVN BRO !!!!

FU TMZ

Stupid + drunk + porsche = death.

"Tough" guy who inspired much more idiocy in this already gruesome country we live in meets inevitable doom due to acting in life the way he did on screen.

Why the sorrow Knoxville? His life and resultant death are what you subscribe to.

Actions have consequences in the 3-D universe we hang in, "Bro".

What happened is nothing more than who he was and how he wanted to live.

All connected with him should be delighted he went out in a flaming speeding blaze of stupidty. He did it..."My Waaaay..."

Those expressing outrage at the lack of sympathy are filled with middle class piety against speaking ill of the dead: he was as big an a-hole in death as in life, and death has made him no better or worthwhile. This cat was another human weed.

FU TMZ

Calli

He should have drove a Saab!

Mark-O

Elvis died on a toilet,M,Jackson died from drugs..but yet people still respect what they did!!dunn made a mistake and U trash him??? have some respect for his fam. and friends...

RIP Dunn

tonya

they will be greatly missed an for those that were talking **** need to let friends family mourn jackass will never be the same without ryan rip peace ryan

jason

i am just finding out about dunn death oh god it is always the cool people who die ****** up he will always be rememberd r.i.p dude you will be missed by all jason

Fabian