Police:

Ryan Dunn

Crashed at 130 MPH

6/21/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan Dunn was doing 130 miles-per-hour in his Porsche at the time of the horrible crash that killed the "Jackass" star and his passenger -- this according to West Goshen police.

0620_ryan_dunn_tmz_bn_1

Police Chief Michael Carroll told reporters an accident reconstruction team determined the speed of the crash after inspecting the accident scene. Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail at high speed, crashed in the woods and burst into flames.

According to Carroll, the crash was catastrophic -- claiming he's "never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was ... even before it caught on fire."

Carroll called the accident the "worst" he's ever seen ... by far.

Ghost Rider

I say dont drink and drive, you might spill your drink
before you get behind the wheel just stop and think...
You can take your chances, but theres so much to lose,
like 35% of all that wasted booze...

because Im not to worried about how many I kill
Im much more concerned with how much beer I spill
How much beer I spill
How much beer I spill!

Andrea

@Almar - If you're not doing anything when you see your friends drink and drive then you ARE condoning it! If someone I cared about decided they were going to drive drunk, I would beat the ever-living snot out of them if I had to to keep them from getting behind the wheel. Seriously! Sometimes you gotta do the right thing - even if it makes you unpopular. Do me a favor and start standing up to your friends if they don't have the common sense or common decency to do the right thing! Don't let them kill themselves or someone else. Imagine if you just let them drive drunk and found out they killed another person because they aren't responsible. Truth of the matter is that fatalities/injuries from drinking and driving are 100% preventable!!! It's bad enough that people die in car accidents when they're sober. That said, I know nothing about Dunn and I can't freaking stand Bam or any of that Jackass nonsense. However, Dunn and his passenger were still someone's children and someone's friend. They matterd to other people. I'm sad that their loved ones are left to grieve their loss.

BigP

I have no sympathy for him. Of all the jackass crew I would much rather this happened to bam or steveo but that isnt what happened. People need to learn that if you drink and drive then theres a pretty good chance this will happen to you. Especially if you drink and drive at 130 mph.

dman

Thanks Muppet. That clip is beyond prophetic.

menolikeit

Didnt bam just get arrested in the south like last week and have his car impounded for dui or reckless driving or something? Then a buddy picked up the car and put diesel fuel in it and screwed the car up. If this is correct it would seem as tho all these guys were ticking time bombs. Instead of being on tv they would have been better off in a treatment facility. The bar should not have let him drive off drunk tho. That will be a problem for them.

Mr, Know it All

I just read where Zachary Hartwell had served two tours of duty in Iraq. And here he is getting shredded through a forest of trees at 130 mph and then burned to a crisp by a Jackass driving drunk.

tman

There are occasions when people deserve to die for making bad choices, mass murder, child molestation, need I go on. I am not down on him for any reason but there is no excuse for stupidity or any means of vindicating him of his actions. An accident is an accident. But an accident brought on by someone's stupidity cannot be defended. Shooting yourself in the foot while cleaning your gun is stupid, clear the weapon first. Shooting yourself in the foot knowing the gun is loaded is stupid. Get the picture.

Lorenzo Alberto Arteaga Avila

So no more Hangover 3 ?

who cares

Check-it-out

Yes you are being to literal! Or is it just plan ignorant? He died because of the car accident what does it matter if he was killed by fire or blunt force? The corner stated do to the damage they cant tell which killed him and that both played a role in his death.

Glexx

A jackass died like a jackass. Darwinism ftw!

DOUBTING THOMAS12

Let me see if I got this straight. Guy who made a living acting like a jackass gets killed acting like a jackass???? Sounds like the new winner of the 2011 Darwin Award has been selected early. Congratulations you jackass.

CRAZY JOE

Rest in peace Ryan Dunn, and regarding that old fart R. Ebert, WTF is up with his Elephant-man face. Is he mad that the grim reaper doesn't want him. He has 2 feet in the grave and his face melting into the grave. As an embalmer, he is beyond repair. As a human being, well- I hope I'll see him soon at my job! REST IN PEACE RYAN DUNN!!!!!!!!!

tman

wikipedia

Please, not single accredited college or university recognizes this as a source of higher learning.

No wonder you don't know anything about physics.

Ted1201

Okay so lets say he was under the legal limit and not intoxicated.. Is it really smart to drive 130 MPH?? You are asking for trouble if you do dumb stuff like that!!!!

dave

Wow, what a hot mess.. Guy I knew flew into the side of a mountain in a Piper Cherokee, he was probably only doing about 110.