Police:

Ryan Dunn

Crashed at 130 MPH

6/21/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan Dunn was doing 130 miles-per-hour in his Porsche at the time of the horrible crash that killed the "Jackass" star and his passenger -- this according to West Goshen police.

0620_ryan_dunn_tmz_bn_1

Police Chief Michael Carroll told reporters an accident reconstruction team determined the speed of the crash after inspecting the accident scene. Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail at high speed, crashed in the woods and burst into flames.

According to Carroll, the crash was catastrophic -- claiming he's "never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was ... even before it caught on fire."

Carroll called the accident the "worst" he's ever seen ... by far.

bryan

Stop all, thats the way they lived ther lives!! The guy with him knows how they roll so they went out the way they lived. Unless you have lost someone in this way don't post your BS!!

Cory

Chaps

ju 14 hours ago

"great jackass stunt. can only do it once."

ooo||>>>>>>>>>>>

Uh, no, I reckon he was speeding that porche while fully looped at least twice a week, its just the first time he tried to take it off road.

glow

DONT THESE PEOPLE HAVE BODYGUARDS/DESIGNATED DRIVERS......I NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE JACKASS BUT MY DAUGHTER HAS....IF HE ACT THE WAY HE DID IN THE MOVIE THEN HE LIKE TO VENTURE THINGS EXPERIENCE THINGS..SADLY HE LOST HIS LIFE BEHIND IT.....MOST ROLE PEOPLE PLAY IN A MOVIE THATS USUALLY HOW TTHEY LIVE...R.I.P DUNN

Princess D

Well, it certainly seems like Bam Margera should be more angry with himself for not intervening in Dunn's Demise.

He predicted that Dunn would kill himself because he drives like an (expletive).
Check it out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULdt_CabPIg&feature=player_embedded

Chaps

I wonder what tattoos of flames look like after they are burned.

There is some irony there, think about next time you get one.

Chaps

First time he stuck the hotwheels up his jackass

This time he stuck his jackass up the hotwheels

JagsFan

@ Pathetic Readers

You're office workers, construction workers, police, firemen, retail clerks. Your lives are pathetic. What are you doing? Are you living life to its fullest? Are you living life at all?

What you failed to mention is what you do for a living!
Does it realy matter? At least these people are working and trying to make a living.

The router and switches that your lame a** post came through, I program them, I design them. Does that make my life pathetic? I make it easier for you to sit at your computer and flex your muscles when you type your unthought out words.

My advice to you is to get up off of your couch and do something. Qui*****ching this senceless crap they call entertainment and become an active member of society.

HarveyTimeLOL

After reading through most of the comments, I've realized a few things.LOL TMZ has a lot of people that like to voice their opinions. Nothing wrong with that, LOL. Also, that Ryan Dunn is being crucified for being stupid and a "jackass". Unfortunately, Ryan paid the ultimate price for his stupidity. And he isn't the first or will be the last to pay this price. Everyone does stupid things. Fortunately for most people it doesn't end their life.
Think on that the next time you find yourself doing something stupid. And hope people don't crucify you even if it is well deserved.
Well, to people that voice their opinions on TMZ; keep the comments coming. LOL TMZ loves it.
Harvey doesn't actually read the comments, but his staff does.
I kid, I kid...LOL

CaseyJay430

You people are terrible. You don't have to agree with what he did, but no one deserves to die like that. Even if it was a terrible decision Ryan made. And their families are the ones who have to hear this stuff and read it...have some respect!!!! RIP Ryan and Zach!

Laura

Seriously? Some of these comments are sick. I can't defend his actions - he drove drunk and recklessly. While he probably didn't get into the car thinking "I might die tonight" - he should have. Driving drunk isn't an "accident" or "mistake" - it's a choice. A bad choice which can have serious consequences, and in this day and age there really is no reason to do it, because you have SO many other options and ways to get home. It is lucky he didn't take out anyone with him. And, I don't think his friend is so innocent either - you CANNOT get into a car with someone who's been drinking and assume you will be safe getting home. It's another bad choice that can have serious consequences.

With that being said - I still can't call him a piece of **** or say he deserved to die. He also had family and friends who loved him, and if anything, this has to be even more sad for them because it could have been preventable. Respect them.

Chevykeys

Rayn was a GOOD GUY! a careing Guy! and should not be trash! his passanger knew he was drink and made a choise to get in that car he could of said no and called a cab...People are a buch of Asses ...God decides how/when /and where a life will be taken...and nothing can change that ... if god didnt want you he would take you . NO matter how you live your life it is not in your hands sober or not

David

Thanks for the information.

Hospitalist positions

HeloDriver

I flew in helicopters in Iraq and we all love the speed and danger. But, after a few funerals and seeing charred wrecks, you tend to have the realization that the envelope you push is actually the buffer between life and the abyss. I can't imagine adding alcohol to our missions... you would have burning holes in the ground every ten feet. I can only guess that Ryan had alot of issues he was dealing with and had a now obvious dangerous alcohol problem. I don't feel "sorry" for him, other than he was better alive than dead, along with his passenger. What I can say with confidence, is that the people (I wouldn't say friends) did not say anything or do anything to stop him over the years. I'm sure some people are saying that they were surprised it took this long. I hope the guilt erodes their fame, glory and happiness. They had the opportunity to do the "right" thing and turned their back on their "friend". Sometimes you have to lose a friendship to be a real friend... On the plus side... I'm sure this event has made a number of people take a harder look at themselves, or not. Thankfully, some mother, son, daughter or father is unaware and alive today because Ryan hit the guardrail and didn't continue his high speed plight into the night...

mark

There is no second set of tire marks, when a car loses control it can leave four different tire marks not just two, cmon man!

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments