Tobey Maguire Poker Scandal -- Check. Mate

6/22/2011 4:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tobey Maguire once received a $69,200 check from convicted hedge fund manager Brad Ruderman -- after Maguire allegedly STOMPED the guy during an illegal high stakes poker game back in 2007.

0622_tobey_mcguire_check_exd_wm

Maguire is only one of several high-profile people named in legal docs as a player in the poker games -- along with "Girls Gone Wild" kingpin Joe Francis and Paris Hilton sex tape partner Rick Salomon.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, the games took place at fancy establishments and all over town  ... including the famous Viper Room on the Sunset Strip.

One game allegedly went down in the club back in 2005 ... AFTER former club owner Johnny Depp sold his shares of the place.

D

Gina 4 minutes ago

SPAM!

en Todo Momento!! 3 minutes ago

SNITCH!!!!!
LOL to you both!

Gina

I call it like I see it. I hate it when people spam stupid crap on my FB pages. That post had nothing to do with nothing.

D

Gina, I know, I hate spam too. It just struck me funny that other comment, snitch.

Gina

and if I was a snitch I would have clicked 'report'.

TMZ- This article is missing some key information like: There will be no criminal charges. The money won was from the Ponzi scheme.

Tammy

Are they gonna try and get money back from restaurants Ruderman ate at and where he washed his cars? If you think about it, ALL his money came from the scheme, so if he paid for tickets to an event, will they be going after the place to get the price of the tickets back? This targeting of specific people is all BS!!

kelly

do i smell tax evasion?

Mitch Parsons

I lost at my weekly poker night with the guys, guess I should sue to get my $100 back.

Puckett

Mitch Parsons 7 minutes ago

----

Or not. In a lot of states you would be admitting to participating in a crime and the penalties aren't worth it, not to mention you have no real basis to sue like the bankruptcy trustees do.

Tammy

I cant even believe this is being brought up....If Tobey won that money in a Poker game, its his!!! The world is a crazy place, there was a day when this guy would of just got his ass kicked for this!! Cannot believe he tattled.....KNARK!!!!

Rika

Im suspicious ... both the 6 and the sixty look like they were added after **shrugs**

Tammy

@ Puckett......it was a joke?????

ZB

Geez this means I was a criminal at 11 when I played penny poker with my mom and some friends right?...its not a poker Parlor...its friends getting together for a game of cards...and yet I bet it turns into a huge BS thing

Munchies

They should have been more careful in who they were dealing with. What is the difference between stars playing with what they consider chump change, and us less wealthy people playing with $20, or $100.

Sienna Sacha

I really hope mCguire didn't pay taxes on this. . ..I would love to see him join Wesley Snipes in the clink. ..

Damon

I see an IRS Audit in their future!

Which isn't a big deal, because they can afford to pay!

So. all-in-all not really abig deal!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments