Lindsay Lohan: All I Had to Drink was TEA!!!!

6/24/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is adamant she did NOT drink wine, beer or liquor during her stint on house arrest ... insisting her dirty test was caused by a fermented tea that contains a TEEEENY amount of alcohol.

0623_lilo_kombucha_ex

Lohan has been telling friends she's been drinking her favorite kombucha tea again ... the same tea that caused her probation officer to raise a red flag earlier this year because it contains alcohol. The company behind the drink claims the alcohol content is less than .05%.

Of course, the judge ruled that Lindsay is ALLOWED to consume alcohol during her house arrest sentence ... so the dirty test didn't matter anyway.

TMZ spoke with Lindsay about the situation ... and she told us, "I am responsible, and I'm following the rules and obeying my judge and the Los Angeles judicial system."

She adds, " I'd like to do what I must to get my film career back and the respect of directors, actors, writers, studio heads, fans and so on."

Be a little inappropriate~

*for her

Puckett

@Be a little inappropriate~

I never said she was, but she certainly doesn't need to live a sober lifestyle to successfully work in the industry. Everyone harping on her for not adopting a "sober for life" lifestyle need to mind their own business. I think her supposed addictions are overblown. The girl is 20 something and just likes to party. She just needs to mature a bit and learn how to do it responsibly and stay out of trouble.

Superman

I believe her as much as I believe she's a natural blonde.

Ivan in Phoenix

So what were her test results? Were they consistent with 'fermented' tea that is about .05% alcohol? Hey TMZ, post the results of her test so we'll know if she'********* the bottle or not. It would have to barely be detectible at .05%.

kellygreen

LiLo has absolutely no intention of ever being drug or alcohol free. She enjoys being a drunk junkie! She wants to learn how to MANAGE her use abuse of illegal substances and alcohol intake. Either she doesn't understand that addicts are unable to manage the substances they abuse or she just doesn't care. I believe she just doesn't care.

DR

why focus one one drunk out of several million?

Franc

STFU. No one wants to work with you. You're no good as an actor or a human being.

holghost

This is so sad my heart could break--Lyndsay--find a purpose in life by helping someone else like yourself! You are in complete and total denial and it's called alcoholism. Don't touch it EVER or you WILL die...

david

people are just sick of celebrities being treated like they are above the system. she should of never been placed on house arrest to begin with, she should be in jail.

DR

I don't think her problems are as bad as the idiotic press and foaming at the mouth anti fans try so very very very hard to make them seem - she is no more of a air head as many other young girls her age....big deal..... so what!

Nicole

Go Lindsay and Shawn. F U Judge Revel, Barbara Parker and the LA County Probation department
It doesn't even matter what she was drinking as the probation department had no right to test her.
Also the DUIs were 4 years ago and random testing is not a usual probation condition for misdemeanor grand theft.

LINNOCENT

Felix

I believe her, I just wont understand the directors and other important peoples... She needs to be on sets! I watched My favorite movie with her last night "Georgia Rule" and she is great in that movie!

// Felix

TimBo

GETTEM LINDSAY SHOWZ HOW JUDGEMENTAL ALOT OF PEOPLE CAN BE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THUMBS UP.....

cairoroo

Dear Lindsey, you have to take out the stripper extensions now. You need to, at the very least, warm up the tone in your hair. You don't look good blonde! I'm sorry that your handlers won't be straight with you about it, but you look so cheap. You are not ugly, lindsey! Your hair is fug. You are trying to become more responsible, start with your hair! First you will conquer your addiction to bleach and cheap spray tans. Then, who knows? Maybe you will conquer the speed and sleeping pills! The sky is the limit! But, seriously, just stop.

cairoroo

This is completely genius. The Lohan family and whoever manages them are absolutely brilliant. Look at how much we all talk about them! I talked to two people at work tonight about this. There was an earthquake in Japan yesterday, but, I'm discussing lindsey lohan instead. I hate to admit it, but its totally entertaining!!! It's like a four year episode of jerry springer with a sprinkling of Intervention!