So That's Why

Lindsay Canceled 'Today'

6/23/2011 6:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mystery over why Lindsay Lohan canceled an interview with Matt Lauer may now be unlocked ... all because of a bottle of dirty urine.

0622_matt_lauer_lindsay_lohan_ex

Sources at NBC were "mystified" over Lindsay's reason for canceling her interview with Matt Lauer.  She says she was willing to sit for a 15 minute interview but not a longer one and then just pulled the plug and sent Matt packing.

What Matt didn't know -- Lindsay flunked a urine test.  That's a buzz kill when you're doing an interview for "Today" and "Dateline" explaining how you've turned your life around.

As TMZ first reported ... Lindsay submitted to 2 urine tests a week ago.  In one, she tested positive for alcohol ... the other test was negative.  In both tests there was no evidence of drugs.

Lindsay has been ordered to court today at 10 AM PT.  The L.A. County Probation Department wants Judge Stephanie Sautner to end Lindsay's house arrest and throw her in L.A. County Jail.

062311_matt_lauer_today_videoWe'll be in court.

Matt briefly talked about Lindsay's cancellation this morning on "Today."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ronin

Who didn't see this coming?

PARTY ON THE ROOF???

LMAO

yup

Dawn

It's time she serve her sentence. She has had more breaks then any of us would have had.

j

IDIOT

OooooNooo!

If you can't stop drinking while on home detention, honey you have a drinking problem! At least get high on something they don't test for, like Kava. Get you drunk as a skunk, legal, and no urine test. Or, you could just stop drinking.

shellian

Oh My God! Who gives a flim flam de'fluke! Alcohol? Really? So Mutha F*ck*n what...

♥TMZ but ...

wow ... I live a boring life I never have to submit a urine test

Julie

Always drama with this one. She just doesn't get that rules apply to her, just like everyone else. Non-violent misdemeanor or not, lock up may be the only way to get her attention. After all, she has been given every break and countless chances.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

So, like, is the judge going to sentence her to finish her 3 years in jail, but she only has to do 2 days, due to overcrowding??

gregoryb

Good. Matt Lauer is one of the biggest dorks in the media, and Lindsay is one of the coolest people. I would have done the same thing. GregoryB.com

Chickeeta

She will never be out of the system at this rate. I realize this is Lindsay but I will pose the question anyway: How hard is it to keep your nose clean (and your liver) for a relatively short period of time all the while being in a beach house with a TV and DVD player and music and a roofdeck to lay out in the sun and crank tunes all day ????

If she's not in jail before end of day somebody needs to shut down the judicial system in Cali and let everyone run around and just do what they please because this is just ridiculous.

yomama

hahahahahaa.... she didn't want to get caught bull****ting another interviewer...

"I've been having a lot of work-related meetings. Sometimes my friends come over. And I get to see my sister, Ali, which is nice," Lindsay says. Although, she insists, there is no booze, no matter what. "When my friends come over, they're not drinking," she notes. "Alcohol is not in my house, so it's just not a part of my life."

From her recent "life & style" interview

ucistu

throw her in prison, not county jail. She needs a harder lesson, because she hasn't learned yet

January Jonez

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong!
I really believed LL this time..
When she said she was done w/the party life....
Guess she hasn't been through the wringer enough yet -
Yikes.......

kitty

what does this do to her as far as her probation now? Isn't this another violation?

Jay

Lindsay has her defense she tweeted

"Jamie Lee Curtis stole my body&had a booze ridden BBQ on my roof I have proof!Test me for Activia bet it would b positive,I DONT EAT YOGURT!"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments