Johnny Knoxville on Ryan Dunn:

I'm Emotional, Upset

6/27/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville says he's been running through a gauntlet of emotions since his friend and "Jackass" co-star Ryan Dunn died last week ... ranging from mind-numbing sadness to anger directed at Ryan.

Johnny Knoxville

Knoxville went to his blog this weekend ... and explained why he froze up while speaking at Ryan Dunn's memorial service last week ... saying he tried his best, but "What came out were the mumblings of a man trying his best not to cry."

Knoxville writes, "Here is what I wished I could have told everyone then."

During the painfully honest blog, Johnny explains how much he loved Dunn -- he loved Dunn's "hair trigger laugh reflex ... Dunn was a great listener ... a great friend ... "as loyal as they come."

But midway through the tribute, Knoxville expresses his discontent with Dunn ... saying, "I'm becoming upset now because this isn't right, goddamnit. Ryan, I had to go wake up Madison and tell her you were gone. Do you know how hard that was?!! She loved you so much and I know you loved her, so why, buddy? Rocko will never get to know you like she did, nor will my daughter that is coming in October. I cry a lot about that."

Knoxville -- who refers to Dunn as his "brother" -- closed the post by saying, "I don't know what else to say right now, so I will close with I love you, Ryan. I have a lot of emotions swirling, but I want you to know I love you so very much."

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

smd

First!

jessdubu

i can totally see what johnny is saying. i was mad at my ex who died of a drug overdose. ur upset cause they made those careless decisions that cost them their life and now ur the one here suffering

AndUKnowThisMan

Second!

Bubbles The Chimp

Dunn was an idiot who had crashed before and lived and thought he and no laws to follow as every Jackass fool thinks.

Piss on Dunn's charred corpse. Good Riddance.

lily

EVERYONE in this group should have known this would happen one day. I don't know why everyone is so surprised.

piratesrule8

Everyone makes mistakes. He made a mistake and paid for it.

People are criticising Ryan Dunn about the person who died with him in the car but I assume that guy was with Ryan that night and so must have known he'd been drinking and so his death is as much his own fault as Ryan Dunn's.

I don't understand why people have to be so vitriolic towards Ryan Dunn either. There are people who deserve this anger far more than Ryan Dunn.

Randy

Have yet to hear him say anything about the guy's drinking and driving, how stupid that was, or anything about the other guy. You remember the other guy don't you Johnny?I can't place his name because there has been massive media coverege about Ryan and everything, but hardly any mention of the other guy, the innocent passenger that died as a result of Ryan's foolish actions.Is TMZ going to have any coverage of his funeral? Or, has it already taken place?Not important enough I guess.

lander

i saw both Hanover movies last night, and i cried.

Moon

Good on ya johnny well put.

Carl

That seems to be the most balanced set of emotions I've seen from his friends. Sadness that he is gone, but also recognizing that he is dead because of a stupid and irresponsible action he did to himself.

photoopoctomom

People just don't get it. If you drink too much - actually, if you drink period - DON'T DRIVE. Call a cab. Shoot. There are even cab companies that offer free rides to people who are drunk. It's hard to feel sorry for somebody who was drunk and not only put his own life at risk, but his passengers and every other innocent person who was out on the road at that time. Sad to say, it was bound to happen.

LESSON: DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE

Ghost Rider

You know I just have to say I never found any of the Jackass shows or movies funny. I would always point out to former friends how they would probably laugh if one of these fellows were to die. Knowone really cared about Ryan, because knowone really cares about anybody really imo, and thats why people live like they cant wait to die. Put that in your swirling pipe of emotions and smoke it Knoxville you idiot!!!

janet

Knoxville, cut the crap. This jackass douchebag got lucky. Dunn only killed himself and his friend on impact. No one else.

You know it's going to be a big blame game.

firebaby

carl, couldn't have said it better myself... better to be angry at ryan's stupidity than ebert commenting on it...
lander, if you're talking about the hangover movies, that's zack galifianakis, not ryan dunn...

martha

get over it knoxvill one less drunk driver on the rode, you'll find another jackass to take his place... no pity

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments