Brooke to Warner Bros:

I Want a Piece of Charlie!

6/28/2011 11:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brooke Mueller apparently isn't confident enough that ex-hubby Charlie Sheen will make good on child support, so she got a judge to order Warner Bros. to send $55,000 of Charlie's money her way every month.

0628_brooke_charlie_EX

Brooke's law firm, Trope and Trope, served legal papers on Warner Bros. last Friday, demanding the studio withhold $55,000 a month from all monies due Charlie to satisfy his child support obligations.

The lawyers are demanding that the studio send the $55 grand a month directly to Brooke.

Sources connected with Brooke concede Charlie is not behind on his child support, but Brooke wants to make sure she gets her support if Charlie begins to run low on cash.

Warner Bros. must comply, because a judge signed the document ordering the studio to divert the money to Brooke.

Garnishment -- tasty on food, bitter on paychecks.

0709_sheen_footer_v2

John Grey

Sheen wants his "gift" back from an ex-girlfriend.
What was it he had said when "boo-ed" by a crowd in Detroit? "Too bad; I already have your money."
How ANYONE could admire this jerk is astounding to me. He is truly a looser. He is no father to his children, he strikes the women in his life, he shows NO class what so ever. Frankly, I take him at his word. I would believe that he no longer takes drugs; the REAL Sheen is a vile, sordid, hedonist. He has all the ethics of a narcissistic, petty, infantile spoiled brat.
He has NO class at all.

chefadam

What kind of judge continues custody of children to a junkie who has relapsed several times and then orders this huge amount of money to be garnished. LA Judges are a joke and THE WORLD KNOWS IT!

RobinPickles

Wow... what does it take to have a gig like that... 55,000 would last me a whole year, and thats living high on the hog!!!

B

leslie

MOM AVE TO HAVE MONEY FOR CRACK! IS REHAB DONE? CHARLIE'S MOM KNOWS HER EX-DAUGHTER-IN-LAW!! MS DRAMA QUEEN NEEDS ATTENTION!!

Autumn_in_Michigan

Loic 5 hours ago
Has anybody considered that this deal gives Charlie 55,000$ "cash" a month? WB dosen`t pay Charlie until the legal fight is over, but they have to pay Brook. It´s a win win situation.

~~~~~~~~

Good points.

A court order to garnish (potential) wages for child support to Brooke could override WB's legal contractual right to withhold the syndication money from Charlie in the amount stipulated in the court order.

Wouldn't be the first time that Charlie approached Brooke to make a deal with him involving the child support. Since this deal is a win for Brooke, why wouldn't she go along with it? Since this deal would also be in Charlie's favor, as you point out, his lawyers' silence on the subject is not surprising, is it?

Pretty clever and legal way to keep the cash flow up for Charlie while he is in litigation. My money is on Charlie's legal team for coming up with this idea.

Jeff Becker

He's not behind on payments. This is simply a case o*****reedy b-itch and a judge who has no business garnishing his wages. The judicial system is a joke and this judge is even a bigger joke! Lawyers blow too!

annie2

I have pretty much written Charlie off now, but I still don't think it's fair that the courts are penalizing him before he does anything wrong...this is the first time I've seen a celeb be penalized for being a celeb in this case. Meaning, stars usually are let off the hook for things but in this case just because he has money he can be stripped of it? Weird. If he is going to (for the most part) consistently have a check coming from Warners due to royalties, etc then they can always garnish his wages later. This is wrong.

Jenn

Not sure if Brooke is the best person to receive $55,000 a month. I think Kathy Hilton should get the money for the kids and make sure the $ is going to them vs. up Brooke's nose or down her throat. The judge should watch more reality tv.

emerald

$55 k a month?! Jeez!! I was under the impression that both parties had to contribute to the costs of raising the kids, guess I was wrong there then!! Brooke has a bed in rehab on standby 24/7 with her wardrobe ready and waiting, she's in and out so often the twins think they live there (she did take the kids to rehab with her by the way, not just joking lol!)!! Now some nut job of a Judge wants her to have even more money to support her habit? Child support is supposed to be for the kids not for mummy to snort up her nose or whatever!
Great win for Trope's firm,, but then they're used to demanding everything lol!! Big mistake this one though, tick tock, tick tock, kaboom lol!! I pity the kids!

Chaps

Wish the judge would castrate him too.

Some things just need to be done right.

Bismarck

She does not deserve a cent from my Charlie.

christiner

Extortion? Her parents have those kids...not her. Thank goodness. Crackheads shouldn't have kids, regardless of how much money is involved. I agree Charlie should pay child support, just to brooke's parents, not her. She'll use it on drugs, not kids.

Bismarck

She does not deserve a cent from my Charlie

South Beach

The fact that these poor kids have a choice between him or her as parents makes my head hurt.