« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

Hurls Homophobic Slur

At Fan

7/5/2011 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.
070411_cm_punk_still

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

UPDATE 2: CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sticks

who cares, we used to call each other homos as kids and now people are offended by it..whatever, people need to stop being so dam girly

Hard Core

Mr. Harvey Levin getting all worked up over a work? No doubt he hasn't gotten a rise out of a WWE storyline since Billy and Chuck. Kudos to Punk for turning up the heel persona to the max and yeah I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Gerry Ross

Apparently the good people of Stuttgart, Germany are equally unreceptive to Punk's gay slurs!

God-Of-Lyf

Well, now I'm offended!!! I'm a "douche" too and take his comment as an attack against me. Who do I call to start my lawsuit? Just Saying...

So what? You guys are just blowing everything out of proportion. CM Punk just caught up in the moment and insulted the fan he was talking to. THAT'S WHAT HEELS IN THE PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING BUSINESS DO.

Seriously. Go report on something that is actually news worthy.

Jeremy

Hypersensitivity. Homo is not a slur. If you find that offensive you need to really go back into the closet.

Shahzaib

I love how CM Punk calls tell these fans they have a vagina and putting an emphasis on vagina lol.

Trish

I think this fan just heckled Punk a little too hard and Punk lost his cool. So what? I don't think Punk should of apologized, but the apology he tweeted tells me that this was for real. Those of us who follow Punk know that he is pro gay rights, civility, etc. Everyone talks smack when the heat is on. Please, the word 'homo' is so inconsequential, why is this even news?

Theriak

Piss off TMZ. Go stuff your political correct ass in a corner where it belongs with the rest of the media. CM Punk is doing his job correctly, making people hate him. And oh good grief. One word causes drama. I hope you filthy vultures all decay in your own stinking damp bull****.

lancesackless

Oh no TMZ! CM Punk called someone a homo!! ooohhh...he said a bad word!

Quit being so freaking PC...waaah waaah!

LOL102

Jeezus Christ, he only said it because every straight man in the world knows that gay people are an abomination. Even "pro-gay" women get disgusted when they finally see two gay men getting down.

Lol, at WWE working with GLADD. They aren't a real sport, they don't have to employ people on talent alone. If they are SOOOOO pro-gay then why aren't there any gay or atleast openly gay wrestlers. Because they just trying to be pc. No wrestlers want to work with a gay dude.

BCBC

There was nothing at all wrong with what he said, he even prefaced it properly with "nice fauxhawk". Sounds like correct usage to me.

SteveJWalker99

Ok gay community its time you quit crying every time someone says words like homo or ****** or phrases like "that's gay." Quit acting like a bunch of pansies and toughen up. In this case, its a freaking show and it was a heel(bad guy wrestler) who said it. On a side note gay people can be just as prejudice and judgmental as straight people so hence gay people are not freaking special or more important than anyone else.

birdman

Good guy he apologized and called him self a douche. Now lets move on. I understand harvey is guy so probably why this is pushed so much everytime anyone says homo or gay. Hes got a lot of power though so good for him.

Pat

I am about one more of this "anti guy" posts away from being done with TMZ. So representatives from GLAAD were unavailable for comment? Is TMZ the Homo police now and feel the need to call and tattle on everyone. WHAT A JOKE! They make a bigger deal about these comments than they do when people use actual slurs