« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

Hurls Homophobic Slur

At Fan

7/5/2011 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.
070411_cm_punk_still

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

UPDATE 2: CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tiredofthis

I am so sick of homosexuals making such a big deal out of this. It is free speech. No group organizes a protest or cares when someone yells slut, @ss **** or b1tch, because it's just words. We dont automatically picture a dog in heat or a penis or anything else. At one time gay mean't happy. Words evolve so does there use of them. Get over yourselves. If you want others to accept you, be proud of yourself. but there is a difference between being proud and shoving it down someone elses throat. Oh and by the way II am Bi-sexual so I know what I am talking about.

sparky

"Who called Straight Dave a ******? Come up here." - Sacha Baron Cohen as 'Straight Dave' in BRUNO

mike

im sorry im so sick and tired of the bs ... so what he called the guy a homo o wow...he also said vagina is anyone going to say anything bout that ,,its offensive to women lmao,,i understand gay people are mad and trying to controll what people say..im sick of the crap .. people gonna say what they want 1st amendment remember people...he didnt say ****** or something like that,,,it was homo cmon people...i dont know im just tired of what we have become thats all...im just rambling

Skyver

It was definitely wrong of him to use sexuality as something derogatory, but why is everyone (you included, TMZ) ignoring the disturbing misogynistic statements he also made? Ignoring, or perhaps overlooking, that is just as disgusting as what he said.

Me

CM Punk's full apology:

- CM Punk responded to the controversy on Twitter with the following:

"I'm glad TMZ posted that video because everybody needs to be held accountable for their bull****, me included. What I said was bull****. ...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

Mike L

The point is, he shouldn't have to apologize. He didn't say anything wrong. Everybody is sick of hearing about these butthurt *************. The queers either need to deal with it or go make their own little world in the middle of the ocean with no contact with the outside world. Take Harvey and Allred with them too. They're the only ones who give a **** about this. The rest of us aren't gonna change. Hetero will always be normal and accepted. Its the way god intended. Homos will not be accepted by many of us, because its wrong. Thats just the way it is.

MICHAEL PITRE

C.M. PUNK SHOULD LEARN TO KEEP HIS BIG MOUTH SHUT, HE RATTLES ON, TALKING A LOT OF CRAP EACH & EVERY WEEK, and NOT SAYING A DAMN THING, I AM GLAD HE IS GOING AWAY BECAUSE FOR MY MONEY, HE IS A BORE, and WHEN HIS MATCHES COME ON R.A.W. SHOW ON MONDAY'S NIGHT, I CHANGE CHANNELS TO WATCH SOMETHING ELSE UNTIL HIS MATCH IS OVER, THEN WE CAN GO ON WITH THE REST OF THE SHOW, I AM SORRY IF MY COMMENTS ARE INSULTING TO C.M.PUNK, but THAT IS THE WAY I FEEL ABOUT HIM and HIS WEEKLY PERFORMANCE ON R.A.W. SHOW EVERY WEEK ?????

Ed

Wow Obama can get away with calling every white person a racist and Sonja Sotamayer can become a supreme court justice with her racist remarks about being smarter and more qualified for the position over whites because she is Latina. But a wrestler can't call someone a Homo? Please send me a copy of the rule book and show me how that fits with the NAACP's equal opportunity agenda for all American's regardless of their culture.

Ed

roger

hey @Leaping Great Whites why wont u shut up rlly how can this be scripted with fans huhhh you retard gosh you are stupid why wont u accualy get a real screen name insted of leaping great white!!!!! so why wont you go comment somewhere else, because pro wrestling is awesome and great! oh and why wont you do this go up to one of thoe pro wrestlers and tell them tht and c what they do to u!!!

mo

I don't see anything wrong with it

karisma

I'm never gonna understand how they push Punk like this. THis is COMPELTELY a WWE-backed deal. They're only back-pedaling because someone complained.

Sergio A Santos

OH c'mon why are all these people offended by words!! no wonder this generation is growing to be a bunch of ******* oh how ever you spell that. suck it up like we all did if something offends you deal with it! if you cant then you deserve to be called whatever they call you

Steve Rockwell

C.M.Punk's stupid remarks...John Cena's loud mouth...NOW,VINNIE MAC's gotta put his penney's worth in too--- WHAT A STORYLINE!!!

Elli

As the person who filmed this video (which TMZ so rudely stole as their own), I can tell you that everyone around was laughing, even the fan who Punk was yelling at. No one was offended and it was very entertaining!