Charlie Sheen's New TV Show

'Anger Management'

7/6/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's new TV show will be based on the movie "Anger Management"and Charlie will be playing the Jack Nicholson character ... TMZ has learned.

0706_charlie_jack_EX2

Sources directly involved in the project say the man who is making it all happen is uber-producer Joe Roth, who produced and owns the screenplay to the 2003 movie, "Anger Management."

We're told Charlie's character will stray a bit from the movie role.  The plan as of now -- Charlie's character will be an ex-jock who got his master's degree in social work during the offseason.  He becomes a counselor to defendants in the criminal justice system with anger management problems.  But, of course, Charlie's character will have anger issues of his own.

We're told the deal with Lionsgate is not done, but is in the final stages of negotiations.  And we're told, there is no deal with a network to air the show -- at least not yet.

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rome

smashley

lame... i liked that movie but this will kill it. Im soooo over Charlie Sheen two and a half men sucked and so will this. Can he go away already?

baraboo_chick

I'd watch it... Least give it a shot.

Cynstriss

Not interested

House Of Stickers .com

Bottom line, charlie has talent on the camera. A bit nuts off the camera but he has much talent and we love for this nut!!! Houseofstickers.com loves Charlie!

Johnny Handsome

HEY Harvey,

fix your f'n emailing feature on the site.
sh$t, you guys can't even do that right.
separate addresses with comma... DOESN'T WORKKKKKK

Bubbles The Chimp

FAIL.

steven katona

it'll pay the bills charlie but what about a 3d movie? like wtf? you sell out!

Georgia

Really? I thought TV shows were supposed to be "Fictitious" that seems too close to his reality for me. I don't think the majority of Americans/Canadians will watch his shows knowing what a reject he is... on the other hand, that's the same bunch of Americans who let Casey Anthony off the hook... so... I guess America loves punishing themselves!

THIN LIZZY

Just goes to show dude can always find work.

House Of Stickers .com

@PHD

The talent comes from his dad. Your right, think the dope screwed that up. I'll watch two espisodes and then I'll get back to you on the talent issue.

Tammy

I'm looking forwrad to seeing Charlie on the small screen again and will tune in to see if it can keep my attention.

two cents

Yawn. Sorry charlie but that boat has sailed. Go away!

Jodi

DON'T CARE!!!! Now that I got a look at the real Charlie I don't care to look at anything I know he will be in now or in the future. I have stop looking at the reruns of 2 1/2 Men.

He's a psycho, a crackhead and refuses to seek treatment. The only one who believes he healed himself from drug usage is himself. I'm done with him.

TMZgossip

do you make that same dumb-assed comment on every thread?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments