Charlie Sheen's New TV Show

'Anger Management'

7/6/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's new TV show will be based on the movie "Anger Management"and Charlie will be playing the Jack Nicholson character ... TMZ has learned.

0706_charlie_jack_EX2

Sources directly involved in the project say the man who is making it all happen is uber-producer Joe Roth, who produced and owns the screenplay to the 2003 movie, "Anger Management."

We're told Charlie's character will stray a bit from the movie role.  The plan as of now -- Charlie's character will be an ex-jock who got his master's degree in social work during the offseason.  He becomes a counselor to defendants in the criminal justice system with anger management problems.  But, of course, Charlie's character will have anger issues of his own.

We're told the deal with Lionsgate is not done, but is in the final stages of negotiations.  And we're told, there is no deal with a network to air the show -- at least not yet.

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

ksis

smashley 3 hours ago

lame... i liked that movie but this will kill it. Im soooo over Charlie Sheen two and a half men sucked and so will this. Can he go away already?

******************

THIS will kill it, because YOU won'*****ch it? LMAO Doubt that;)

ksis

I'm just glad to see that Charlie is doing well, and looking good. All those who yelled that he was gonna be dead of OD by now, should hide and weep;)

Autumn_in_Michigan

Stiletto about an hour ago

Only an absolute idiot would hire this guy.

Anyone not requiring him to sign a contract like this, deserves to get screwed.

~~~~~~~~~

Agreed.

Still waiting to have actual confirmation of any new shows before I believe it.

CarolynnChambers

Totally relevant. Charlie Sheen explains away the war. http://ebaum.it/nIXboq

Autumn_in_Michigan

WaxOnWhacksOff about an hour ago

I want to know just WHAT talent people seem to think that Sheen has... EVERY role he's played short of Platoon has been a copy of himself. The guy can't act at all. He can only play himself....

~~~~~~~~

Which is why a spin off of "Anger Management" WOULD make the "most sense" (to quote Charlie) if it were true.

hihat

Ugh. I thought Lionsgate was a reputable production company -- until this...

jacksonfive210

ksis
It's bbrown this is my new screen name haha we are laughen in all the faces who use to say ohh charlies black listed he will never work in hollywood again now look he's not working with a big producer and a good plot this shows gonna be good. Charlie is a great actor the man took over for MJ FOX and did a great job.

eric

WINNER!!! Charlie still ends up winning, for all the hate mongrels out there keep it up it’s great for ratings and sparks the interest of others. You morons are pathetic real quick to pass judgment like your stuff doesn’t stink, hypocrites! GO Charlie GO, soar to the top and never come down I’m behind you 100%!!!

eric

Ramona

I LOVE Nancy Grace...she is speaking for Caylee... someone who cannot speak! I believe Casey is GUILTY! I am also a mother of a 3 year old and I couldn't go 31 days without calling the police... dysfunctional family or not! Thanks to Cindy because Casey would of never called the police! I don't blame the Pros because they had limited evidence because they did not find Caylee in August but in December. Not calling the police for 31 days is neglect to me she should of got some kind of jail time.

EarthAngel

Should call it "Charlie Harper Gets Pissed!"

bring back recent posts

..I'm always interested in laughing and I'm sure this will be good...can't wait...time will tell..

jacksonfive210

Ramona
===========================================================
Why are you talking about caylee on here wrong story...... how do you like nancy grace she is a bitch.She isnt speaking for caylee she is a c**t who loves trying to be famous.

joe coates

I would love to see Charlie Sheen as an Anger Management Counsellor....he could use all of his issues with his "people" and how everybody "wants to be", or "do", or "do-over" Charlie Sheen to draw on.

I would watch it.