'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still
071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night  -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

UPDATE: CBS just released the following statement -- "Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

Randy

Ok same old same old argument. People I for one do not have to except a person who is GAY. I keep getting the homophoic BLA BLA BLA you know what NO I have a right to respect myself and others and the right to Not except people being gay. It is not natural or right and it is a very unclean act. Amazing how gay people march up and down the streets because they have there rights and expressions then the minute you express your opinion and dislikes your the bad guy. Well im sorry but i stand up for my right not to except Gayness its unclean and dirty. AND JK ROLLINS made the statement she always concered Him gay then laughted never actually say he was.

dmanphx

92% of pedophiles are heterosexual (straight) contrary to what bible thumpers will tell you. Look it up on FBI.gov. It would be safer all around to have a gay headmaster but I wouldn't expect this homophobic douche to actually have any knowledge of a subject before opening his big trap to rant.

Randy

Ok There we go agin both AL and dmanphx both using your right and judgemnt to bad mouth and talk trash. Both by the way doing the exact thing thing he did spoke his opinion. Even though I do not like the tard You also need to practice what your preaching. FREEDOM OF SPEACH

Awesome Rita

I don't think Jeff is a bigot. Like most Americans, he's probably just ignorant. In his teeny tiny brain he associates the word gay to mean sex, and doesn't think sex should be in a children's book. I doubt very much that he objects to homosexuals teaching children. Someone needs to teach him that gay means love, and love is beautiful.

I think we can all agree as long as those little wizards are getting a good education and lots of love, it shouldn't matter if it's coming from a homosexual wizard or a straight wizard. All that matters is our little wizards grow up to be magical!

Tanya

So disappointed in Jeff...he was a favorite of mine until I seen this. Seriously, does he not realize that GAY DOES NOT EQUAL CHILD MOLESTER!!!!

dan350zr

I think Jeff's point was that a children's book shouldn't deal with peoples sexuality, something I agree with. But It's a moot point anyways because from I've been told none of that was shown in the movies or even mentioned in the books, it was the author who said on a whim one day "oh by the way Dumbledore was meant to be gay" even tho it was never mentioned or hinted at in the books.

NicoleRodriguez

Being gay is a sin and everybody knows it. Jeff saying that doesn't mean he is homophobic. Not supporting gays doesn't make you homophobic. That's the stupidist thing I've ever heard. Being gay is wrong and is a sin. Period. Why must gays always have something to say to defend their sexuality? It's funny how straight people don't have to walk around talking about and defending being straight. Get a clue.

TXGURL

RU FN kidding me? Seriously people everyone has a right to there own opinions...get this even if they aren't your opinions. If he doesn't feel comfortable with a fake character being gay around kids.....then that is his right. People just really need to get off there high horses and stop getting so damn offened by everything. ANd realize this world is made up of different people and some of them think like you do, and others don't and that is OK. He is not hurting anyone physically, and we all get our feelings hurt from time to time...don't act like your getting butt raped...haha but then again you probably would like that if your offended by this.

No but seriously who gives a **** it's his opinion, and if you get all riled up about this then your as dumb as he is!

debschira

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP LETTING THIS RUIN YOUR DAY!!!!!!!!!! STFU AND GO ON WITH YOUR LIVES, IT IS SHEER STUPIDITY TO EVEN BE DISCUSSISNG THIS SHIZZ, WHO GIVES A RAT'S PETRIFIED AZZ WHO'S GAY AND WHO IS NOT GAY. DO YA REALLY CARE???? I KNOW I DON'T, THEY ARE PEOPLE AND HUMAN BEINGS JUST LIKE THE REST OF GOD'S CHILDREN, SO S-T-O-P MAKING A BIG EFFING DEAL ABOUT, OKAY? NOW GO ON GO, THAT'S IT, GET UP AND DO SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE TO ALL YA'LL

KIWI

When has it been a crime to state your opinion in America?? Chill out people and get a Life!! especially the person who wrote this dumb article if you can call it that... smfh Losers!!

Baron

Free speech has been displaced by the double standard. According to the entertainment industry and major media, gays are entitled to express themselves as they like, but straights, no way!

Matt

OK, GLADD where are you, this is ridiculous,The has been house guest is here because he has no options. TURN THE CHANNEL

Jack

@Nicole: The only reason gay people have to defend themselves is because of people like you who keep saying it's wrong and a sin. Duh! If gay people weren't harassed and looked down on, there would be no need to defend themselves. And aren't you sinning by judging other people.

How can "BEING" gay be a sin? How can "BEING" anything be a sin? That's irrational. It would make sense if you said "ACTING OUT", but it makes no sense that "BEING" gay is a sin. What exactly do you mean, "BEING" gay is a sin? That's as irrational as saying being black is a sin. If you're referring to acting out and having sex, you can't assume people are doing that; that would be speculation. You should do yourself and everyone else a favor by doing some research, so you have a clue on what you're talking about.

UNFAN ME PLEASE!

To Her Imperial and Royal Majesty on the first page, you said,

"I'm probably out of the loop on this one, but why would J.K. Rowlings even care about Dumbledore´s sexuality? What difference would it make if he were straight, gay, or liked to hump pineapples? How would that matter to the Harry Potter story?"

Hey RIP VAN WINKLE......How OLD are you? Are you asleep? Where have you been? Were you born in a pineapple patch?

Don't you know you can always BUY love!

By saying ALL THAT......

....you appeal to the ENTIRE GAY community and then they will BUY YOUR BOOKS and then you will make MORE MONEY... SHEEESH! If you can TURN ON enough IMPRESSIONABLE school aged children to your stories and IDEAS, then you can even sell more and more books. Then you can be richer than the QUEEN of ENGLAND!

Of course, I wouldn't want to say what ANY OTHER reasons there might be. "NORMALIZATION"
I wouldn't want to OFFEND anybody. I think the KEYWORD is Ouch!

Don't TAZ me bro'

Buh Buy.......more crap brought to you from Jake Rowlings

pinklady222

I agree Karuuna. Jeff made some extremely ignorant statements. Ignorance comes from faulty education - raised in a faulty belief system that you misguidedly assume as "truth" - or lack of education altogether...both of which can create an irrational "fear" of something unknown. And men especially do not handle their "fears" well (sorry guys). But ignorance does not make a man completely and totally hopelessly evil. Just ignorant, in need of someone to teach him better. Man, I know when my grandparents were alive, I would cringe listening to my grandpa talk at times. My grandpa was a very good, sweet, kind, loving man whom I adored...but some of the false truths he was raised with left him terribly ignorant. But once a person has close friendships with decent, kind, caring homosexual men/women who would sooner hurt themselves than EVER hurt a hair on a child's head...that ignorance is gone and that person has no choice but to release that false truth. Jeff should definitely know WAY better. I hate his ignorance...but I'm not going to make assumtions and hate the whole man. If I do, I'm no better than he is.