'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still
071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night  -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

UPDATE: CBS just released the following statement -- "Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

wayne

Jeff and Kevin were NOT good friends while they were in the house. They could barely tolerate each other.

But I suppose Jeff's comment about Dumbledore touching Harry's balls had nothing to do with child molestation at all. Please!

April

HE IS SO HOMOPHOBIC.........HE IS PATHEDIC......

barbiegirl1973

I agree with him.

Melissa

Bubbles The Chimp who can't use your real name - Melissa: You are an go idiot. Your 'Everyone Does It, So Why Not Me' view is pathetic.

Hope that offends you.

In answer to your question - It didn't offend me at all - I have a right to my opinion, just as you and I didn't say a hateful thing about any person who disagreed with my opinion unlike you. The way you and a lot of others are reacting isn't at all what he meant and it's explained in Kalia and Jeff's conversation right after that (which TMZ didn't post).

I didn't say 'Everyone Does It, So Why Not Me' that's not at all what I said. I said we are so quick to judge him for something he said, right or wrong, and you can hate on him without even knowing the full situation, hate on his girlfriend who wasn't even involved and hate on people you've never even met before or know as people doesn't make us any better than him or any of the other house guests who are saying offensive things including Cassi, Dominque, Britney, Ragan, Kevin (who are gay) and so on down the line. I guarantee everyone of us has said something dumb, not PC, offensive to someone else, so don't act all holier than thou as if you've never done or said something stupid.

reason

The point is moot anyhow. It was never mentioned in the Harry Potter books even once. Rowling said in an interview once that she had imagined that Dumbledore was gay.

stu

How bout u come to Boston & find out Rocken.
Samantha sounds like a hick who was home schooled.

barbiegirl1973

Jeff was right. Gay characters should not be in childrens books.

lanie

wayne about a minute ago
------------
That's not true. In the beginning, Kevin and Jeff weren't friends. They weren't in an alliance together, but towards the end - Kevin and Jeff did become friends and outside of Jordan - Jeff trusted Kevin the most.. which is actually what lead to Jeff's downfall in the game.

He absolutely trusted Kevin when Kevin planted the seeds of doubt into his mind in regards to Michelle and Russell --allegedly---wanting him out.

They did become friends during the later part of the game.

I watched the feeds - you can't spew your unfounded BS with me.

Bubbles The Chimp

Melissa: I call it like I see it. You ARE an idiot, making excuses for him.

Greg

Samantha - are you actually proud of being a blind follower? It's time to accept that humans have natural feelings for other people and whether it's for people with a penis or a vagina is not something we can control, nor should we, no matter what the bible says.

Greg

Bubbles: Samantha: Here we go again... People basing their beliefs on a over translated book of fairy tales. I bet you actually believe the fox ate the gingerbread man also.

Religion is for the weak-minded.

WELL SAID!!

ron

i just reliezed why tmz always gets all worked up when someone uses a gay slure, half your staff is gay. get over it tmz its just words, if you werent so gay it wouldnt bother you.

lou

Gay does not equal pedophile. Not only that but fiction is not the real world and shouldn't be judged as such.

That being said, Harvey, you aren't going to convert the whole world to your point of view. Some people disapprove of the gay lifestyle and that is that.

youdontknowjacque

Sad how Americans are so insensitive, ignorant, and intolerant of any group that is different from their sheltered, bible beating, hate filled lives that's so far out of touch with reality/rest of the advanced world, that some reality show idiot gets press at all.

Who cares about Dumbledore's sexuality, who cares about the sexuality of any of them. The stories have nothing to do about sex... and after all, they are stories.

Leave it up to some bigoted American to turn an innocent story about children being creative and using their imaginations, into something the intelligent community considers a non-issue, apart from homophobes making it into one.

Melissa

Bubbles The Chimp - as do I, but you don't see me calling people "dumb" "idiots" etc. like you have for having an adverse opinion. I stated my opinion based on the entire conversation (which is not posted)and clearly you have not seen. Just because my opinion of what happened is different from yours doesn't mean I'm an idiot or dumb. I don't agree with homophobic slurs, calling people retarded, idiot or stupid, racists slurs, commenting on someone's appearance etc. in the least bit. All I did was explain what he meant that wasn't shown in the edited clip that TMZ posted - there was actually more to it, it was talked out and all is fine. It's a moot point to everyone who was involved in the situation now and no one who is involved is upset about it. So why are you?