« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star RIPS Commish: I'd Let Him Burn to Death

7/13/2011 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive juggernaut James Harrison just BLASTED NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, claiming, "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it."

0713-james-harrison-roger-goodell-bn

Harrison -- the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year -- unloaded in a brand new interview with Men's Journal -- adding, "I hate [Goodell] and will never respect him." Harrison also calls Goodell an anti-gay slur, a "crook," a "devil," a "puppet," and a "dictator."

Goodell famously fined Harrison $100,000 for illegal hits last fall -- making Harrison one of the most heavily-fined players ever in a single season.

But Goodell isn't the only one Harrison targets in his rant -- the Steeler also blasts fellow teammates Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall, whom he calls a "fumble machine."

Referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions during the Super Bowl, Harrison says, "Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

As you may recall, Harrison famously picked off Kurt Warner in Super Bowl 43 and ran it back 100 yards for a touchdown ... the longest play in Super Bowl history.

The NFL is currently in a lockout after the players failed to reach a collective bargaining agreement with the league's owners.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

some guy

My vote is for Mr. Rogers. Anyone second?

tiff

LOL! @ Jay! No, methinks you were not "testing" anyone. Methinks you fell into the victimhood mindset that if any group is comprised of 80% black men and some how, some way white people are getting any enjoyment out of this situation, then it must be OPPRESSION!!!, EXPLOITATION!!! SLAVERY!!! You forgot that even the lowest paid NFL player is among the top 5% of wage earners in the US and that no NFL player is forced involuntarily to play football. People pointed this out to you, you looked like a moron and now resort to the classic lame retort of "I was testing you!!!" Tee-hee-hee!

Mel5309

@Jay and Jrock... I did not say you were dumb. I said you made yourself sound uneducated. Why do you assume I am a white, because I don't agree with you? Because I think that James Harrison spew*****e? If he were a white, Asian, Mexican or what ever the race may be I would still feel the same way. I find it funny that you think I am racist because I don't agree with you, but you are the one using racist terms.

You say it's free labor that these players played in collage and when they were kids? That comment was about the stupidest thing I had ever heard. No one forced them to play sports. I am willing to bet that they enjoyed the game and wanted to play. Also more then likely if they are talented enough for the NFL, they probably had a free ride in collage. That is not cheap by any means. I would think a free ride in collage would be worth way more then they would have earned getting payed for it.

I am so sick and tired of people playing the race card. Maybe the people you work with don't like you or your ideas because you are a racist. It's just not white people that are racist.

Jay

@ Tiff, Thank u I love u too... now do u want to go on a date cause u just turn me on being so smart lol.. ******* fool

i said lesbians...

WAAHWAAHWAAAH IM A MILLIONARE WAAHWAAHWAAAH

what a bitch

oh and rip on the two time superbowl champ?

dumbass

Bruno

@jay- I'm not white, yet you still sound dumb to me.

Steve

@Jay...Did you read my post, I am black as well my "brother", and you are the exact reason why racism still exist today! I have excepted the fact that my color makes a difference to some people, I guess you have not. And by the way, you do not want to go there on jobs, I have a beautiful "black" wife, one kid and make in the mid 6 figures, do you know what that proves, that I did not take my nicely paid for scholarship/eduaction from a well known University for granted! NCState, ever heard of it?

Megan

Welp. Thanks for making all of Pittsburgh look classless, *******.

PaulWS

Harrison is right, Goddell is a piece of garbage.

Jay

@ Steve, I'm from NC and went to East Carolina, also make well in to the Six figures, which my wife owns her own Business... ur not telling me anything bro... racism where always be around cause we let, just go on tmz and look at the comments ppl leave under anything to do with a black person, just go look for yourself. I'm just tired of reading racist comments everytime someone black is put on tmz.

CAROLEAGLEDUP

all's i know is I WANT MY FOOTBALL THIS YEAR!!!!

sweetdee88

you want to talk about a double standard... this guy says about his boss to a men's publication "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it." and doesn't expect any repercussion from "speaking his mind."

is there one person commenting that wouldn't get fired for making this exact statement about their boss in public? this guy is an idiot i don't care how rich he is

3Storms

I haven't seen a celeb bite the hands that feed him his fortunes like this since Charlie Sheen and Megan Fox.

This crap is just self-righteous arrogance from a man who's been arrested for beating up his girlfriend

Ken

Harrison has a long history of thug and knucklehead behavior. Must be the roids talking.

caleb jones

This dude has some serious anger issues.and he's now divided the locker room.dumbass