« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

GB Packers Stud

Gets Super Bowl Ring

TATTOO

7/20/2011 1:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Most NFL champs rock their Super Bowl ring on their hand -- Green Bay Packers cornerback Sam Shields is wearing his on his NECK.

0720-green-bay-tattoo-exd
The 23-year-old defensive stud -- who was a rookie when the Packers won the Super Bowl this year -- rolled into the Ultimate Designz tattoo shop in Miami last week ... and pitched his ink idea to tattoo artist Sergio Garcia. He even brought in the ACTUAL ring for Sergio to study.

0720-green-bay-tattoo-sub

Sergio tells us it took about 3 hours to draw out the design of the tat (pictured above) -- and a little more than 2 hours to ink it onto Sam.

We're told Shields was a "really nice guy" throughout the whole process -- and even left a fat tip.

Fun Fact: Sam's actual Super Bowl ring has 109 diamonds in it, but his tattoo ONLY has 60 pictured ... because we're told putting that many small diamonds in the tattoo would have been "impossible."

0915_tattoo_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chef Jack Tripper

I paid $32.67 for larger balls... and my hand got a 17 inch penis for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at adult bookstores. I even sold a 46 inch silicone vagina to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, bigvaginaandpenis.com

boner

what a F-ING IDIOT!!!!

Joey

TOO MUCH MONEY AND NOT ENOUGH BRAINS. WHY NOT DONATE THAT MONEY TO HOMELESS CHILDREN, CHILDREN WITH CANCER, OR ANY OTHER CHARITY THAT IS HELPING YOUTHS AT RISK.
THAT TATTOO IS ALMOST AS UGLY AS THE PERSON THAT IT IS ON

b.mclane

I was that young once, but NEVER that stupid. I feel sorry for him.

Damon

Neck tattoo on anyone = stupid a$$ douche-bag!

Did he get cast on the reboot of OZ?!

Grandpa whats your neck tattoo say?!

He's defintely not thinking about life after sports! I wouldn't hire him; a company has a right to project a certain image! Neck tattoo isn't it!

able_walker

That looks stupid...but then most Tattoos look lame..."Look at me I'm such an individual!"..So much so that ther are about ten tattoo shows on TV...lol

David

I think tattoos in what ever form are the most nasty, ghetto, and low life thing a person can do to their bodies. It shows the level of dysfuntionality in a person. People with tattoos are needy and need attention desparately. I would not hire anyone with any tattoos on themselves! So classless!!!!!!!

Susan

What is it going to look like when he is 73 yrs old?

Greygoose125

Hope that he doesn't end up broke after his football career ends because that huge neck tattoo won't help his employment search.

NoNeedIQ

@FletchGuy

The pre-draft IQ test would have been pointless. Shields was signed as an undrafted free agent.

Jess

OMG, he got his football tat inked by a golfer?!

dennis in sac

Idiot.

Tim

Lot of racist comments posted here. And so what if he ever did join another team, he still won the Superbowl with the Packers. Something that never happens to many NFL players in their career.

Although I would not have put it on my neck, but if he likes its there is nothing wrong with it.

Fallopia Lopez

Which staffer wrote the article and is so sprung on him as to refer to him TWICE as "stud"? Ga-row up.

Tattoos are as yesterday as fauxhawks.

Andre

This shows other states how many genuine people we have in Wisconsin. Your racist statements are so cliche and your pissed because you're out of a job and too dumb to learn anything new.