Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sherms

Ugh...give me a break. I LOVE ME!!!!

John the Lawyer

Oh, now this chick has a trademark on brunette, hefty and big-reared?

Fan

Old Navy Kim K looks much healthier then Real Kim K.

I'd do Old Navy Kim K.

Jack

She should be flattered any company wants to associate itself with a no-talent, sex tape hoe.

There's a problem here

Hell, if I were Old Navy I'd sue whoever signed off on that commercial. Like people would buy something hawked by that bag of diseased monkey girl. Sounds like a loss to me.

Dean

Christ,get over yourself Kim.

Jessica

Wishbone

Get over yourself fatass. If anything, your association with a product would result in a nose-dive in sales....

Kathy

Kim is a spoiled brat who believes her own publicity. Get over it. You're not the only "celebrity" in Hollywood. In fact, you're not even a celebrity.

fgsd

Whatever.....she nothing to do anyway right?

I don't take this family seriuosly at all. They are completly irrelvant to me. I would never want to walk a mile in any of their shoes, let alone care what they are doing.

Money sure doesn't buy one class and dignity.......clearly.

I think Kim K. forgets that we all know who you are because of your sex tape....remember? THAT was what made you a name....disgraceful.

I wonder how these women sweep it under the rug that we all know what kitty looks like?

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

How could this add damage her wallet to the tune of $20 million dollars? She´s getting free publicity out of it and doesn´t have to lift a finger. If anything, Old Navy should sue KK for acting like an floozey and damaging their ad campaign.

writenow

Nope. She's got a Snooki vibe to her. Or maybe it's the cheap set design. Kim does expensive things in a gaudy way, so there's a difference. Besides, a more interesting story for the public is how each state's AOC rips off the the public. "Bundling." That's much newsier. Sexier too, because the public can now demand it be dismantled. Save California! End the AOC!

Ash

Bev

Kim K isnsuch a dumb fat bitch. She is just jealous that this other girl is now dating her ex, Reggie Bush.

truthbetold

She's so delusional! When I first saw that commercial I didn't even think of her! The girl is cuter and looks REAL. Can KIM be anymore in love with herself?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments