Kim K Suing Old Navy

You Can't COPY Me! [DOCS]

7/20/2011 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There is only ONE Kim Kardashian -- and now she's declaring a legal war on Old Navy for using a Kim K look-alike in a recent ad campaign ... TMZ has learned.

0720_kim_k_lawsuit_launch_ex

Kim is filing a lawsuit against the clothing giant  -- claiming they intentionally used a look-alike in an effort to dupe the public into thinking Kim was affiliated with Old Navy.

We're told Kim is especially furious that Old Navy has been tweeting to her page about the look-alike -- in an effort to gain even more publicity.

One of those tweets read, "@CBSNEWS reports that Old Navy's Super CUTE star looks like @kimkardashian. #LOL. What do you think?"

We're told Kim believes the copycat campaign has damaged her wallet somewhere in the range of $15 to $20 million.

0720_oldnavy_ad2

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw I did think that it was Kim K when I first saw the commercial. Whether she's entitled to $15-$20 mil, that's another story.

MichaKC MichaKC

First time I saw this commercial I thought it was Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls. But I, for sure, did not think it was Kim Kardashian.

$$ $$

Kim is defeating the purpose by suing Old Navy...now they are getting even MORE advertising and now it's FREE!!!

0928_celebrity_look_alike_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Ziggy Ziggy

MichaKC MichaKC

$$ $$

FlamingoNut FlamingoNut

They definitely capitalized on Kim's look by using this girl. When I first saw the commercial, I admit, I did a double take and could tell it wasn't Kim. Yes, she's a little full of herself (a little? okay, alot). I actually heard a few girls talking about going to Old Navy because Kim was in their commercial. Granted, they were 10-11 years old, but still, they saw the resembelence, and that's a hot market for Old Navy...

charliesgirl charliesgirl

i mean... they blatantly copied everything about her in a desperate attempt to associate themselves with Kim. I'd be pretty pissed too if some low-quality brand was trying to freeload off the empire i built with no shame. HELL NO!

Hank Hank

Kim is obviously mistaken. Her "look-a-like" has very little in common with her. She is actually talented not Kim.

Jessica Jessica

So if someone looks like her, they better not want an acting career because anyone that hires that girl will get sued? Class act.

Ash Ash

The girl has different colored eyes. Last time I checked having long brown hair wasn't trademarked by Kim.

Kari Kari

I'm kind of shocked by these posts---I agree Kim is way too full of herself, they all are, but I think she has a point. Old Navy is trying to make money off her image, without paying for it,

Tracey

I thought it was called a spoof. Nothing illegal about that. Look out weird Al.

spoken

oh please kim is just upset because Reggie Bush is dating Kim K look a like and we all know Kim K would in a heart beat leave Kris whats his face for Reggie bt know that he moved on she is making trouble

Jim

Kim K's problem with this commercial probably stems from the girl in the Old Navy ad is a lot prettier than she is.

overrated

Something to think about... There wasn't a law suit until the Old Navy (*****cat Doll look alike) started dating Reggie Bush, so Kim who are you really mad at???

pmoose

I knew immediately that the Old Navy actress was not Kim K because she seemed to be able to sing and dance and act. Kim K is not capable of any of these. Thusly, there can be no confusion. Why doesn't she sue all the no talent celebrity children who are releasing sex tapes in the hope of becoming famous? In any other generation she'd be considered the prostitute she really is.

tiff

Well,she does need the money for her up coming wedding. Ha Ha. What a LOSER!!!!!!

pjamese3

So this girl can't work because she looks like Kim K.? That's bull!

Anyway, everyone knows what this lawsuit is really about. The Old Navy commercial in question has been out for over 6 months. There's no way she couldn't have heard of it before. Kim K. brought the lawsuit because the Old Navy lookalike is dating her ex, Reggie Bush. She's just mad because Reggie's found a stacked brunette who looks like her, but doesn't have all the drama and a camera stuck up her but 24/7.

Cher

Yes, there is only one "Kim'K'", & I am SO GLAD!!! What? NOW, after her wedding announcement, she wants to sue? WHAT? Are you afraid your
fiance' will be stolen by her??! Now, Kim, when you get married you're supposed to put your spouse first,...time to cut the cord(s), kimmy...

Brenden

Old Navy never claimed it was Kim K. Besides, the one they used looked much better.

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

Kim is such a Narcisstic Bitch. The Old Navy girl is much better looking and doesn't have the Enormous Butt Kim has.

marie

I dont think she looks anything like kim. I thought it was nicole from the *****cat dolls. Kim is truely full of herself. Nobody would have known who she if it wasnt for the sex tape. Why is she always trin to sue sumbody. You can not be hurting for money that bad.

Jurgen Brul

Hello, hello baby,

I know you were playing with yourself,
then you were longing for a **** in your Peanut-Butter-Ass!
Then you are Tired of Masturbating all Alone by yourself!
So you might **** Beyonce, because you gotta get Laid!
She gotta get Laid! SHE GOTTA GET LAID!

Ladies do you want me to Stop Coming,
because you want to get ****** More?
For More Information:

Conclusion:
OUR HEALTH IS IMPORTANT!

Greetings,
Jurgen R. Brul

Jess

Absolutely ridiculous, Congrats Kim you just made this Melissa Molinaro a whole lot more famous now after this ridiculous fuss.and after watching the show I wouldnt be surprised if this was all Kris Jenner's idea

klove

kim needs to go sit put her head in an oven so what if they look a like she going to sue everyone that resemble her

Brenda

Kim k is stupid , just wants to make money to pay for her wedding ! She trying to copy the prince William and Kate ! She should be the one getting sued for being such a copy cat ! She had to be Armenian ! Little savages don't know how to work for their money !

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments