'Swamp People' Star

Mmmmm ... Rodent Stew

7/21/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It ain't your mama's Southern cookin' -- "Swamp Star" Troy Landry tells TMZ, he's working on his own little COOKBOOK featuring real backwoods bayou faves ... and it includes rodent stew!!!!!

0720-troy-lantry-swamp-ex

According to Landry -- the guy who basically cooks everything on the show -- SEVERAL publishers have already approached him about a book deal since "SP" premiered last year ... but he's still weighing his options.

Landry tells us, he's currently compiling a master list of all his recipes -- which includes his most famous dish called "Nutria Sauce Piquante" ... a gumbo made from a semiaquatic rodent called a nutria ... basically an over-sized rat.

0720-nutria-example-sub

Troy says he picked up his recipes while working at his father's restaurant as a kid -- but don't worry ... we're told the cookbook still has kinda normal things ... you know, like deep South chicken (okay, still scary).

As for his dad's restaurant -- it shut down a few years back. Sad? Yes. Surprising? No comment.

noneofyourbusiness

Love this guy and this show. Hardworking people most of us should take an example from.....

sclaguy

@outformorefun - you must be a yankee - making sterotypical judgments based on a TV show. Fact is that Troy Landry has more money than God,owns more land than you could ever hope to with oil spilling out of every crack and several other business ventures. I'm not saying that there aren't uneducated people down here, but from your comments there obviously are just as many from where you are.

John

Hey Troy you cook it and i asure you i will eat it.There is nothing better then wild game. I think you should get this cookbook going because i would for sure buy it. as far as the nutria its just an over grown muskrat and they are very good eating.

jojo

"vegetarian" old indian word for bad hunter.
I just saved a bunch of money at the grocery store by hunting wild game for food. Sorry I couldn't resist posting cause I'm a girl & I hunt. Question: if "economic armageddon beyond the thunderdome" happens how will you feed your family?

SUSAN BRANDHURST

CAN ANY BODY TELL ME THE FULL NAME OF THE SPIRITUAL HEALER WHO PRAYED FOR LIZ CAVALIER ON SWAMP PEOPLE ?

Lalee

Troy Landry is a smart business man and has made bank off this show.....I dont think I would ever go eat dinner with him but if I was stranded on an island I would want to be on his TEAM! The man has a heart of gold and makes family values and morals a priority! Go figure!

Anna Donnelly

I love the show and Troy is King of the swamps. I'm from the north and I meet a person from another and I ask them to go out for breakfast and I said I want biscuits and gravy they didn't know what I was talking about. We all may live in the USA but we all don't eat or live alike. Please don't put these people down until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4