Lauryn Hill -- Guitar Player Picks a Fight Over $

7/26/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Playing guitar for Lauryn Hill doesn't pay as well as you'd think ... in fact it doesn't  pay at all ... so says a former string-plucker who claims he got the ol' stifferoo after performing with the singer back in 2007.

0725_lauryn_hill_EX

Pro guitar player Jay Gore has filed a lawsuit against Hill in small claims court in L.A. -- claiming he played with her for a couple of weeks back in 2007 -- and was supposed to make $3,590 for the gig ... but he never got a check.

Calls to Lauryn have not been returned ... probably because she's busy with her new baby.

coco

I'm going to Hawaii! YAYYYYYYY!

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Was he so stoned he just realized it's four years later?

Regulator

Those people not paying the tab... I'm about as shocked as when I found out Amy Drughouse died.

JHenninger

It takes four years to figer out you haven't ben paid??? Wow I know when I don't get my pay how dose this take four years to file for???

Rotter

$3,590 for the gig? Why not make it an even $3,60...0? I'm sure he's in the union. Probably waaaay more than scale.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

From the looks of her outfit and makeup I say she took a hiatus from music to join Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus.

some guy

Tell Lauryn to hurry up and put a new Fugees album already. Thought I heard something a few years back about them getting back together.

I think Lauryn should get some Hired Goons and see to it this guy gets an "accident." This is distracting her from her studio time.

*Knock Knock*

"Who's there?"

"Goons."

"Who?"

"Hired Goons."

"Oh, Ok."

(opens door)

lolo

Another idiot getting payed to tarnish Lauryn Hill's image

ChloeMarie

she looks like hell...

some guy

Meh... even if this guy did get stiffed out of pay, I doubt it wasn intentional. I'm sure he wasn't the only guy that played an an instrument for Lauryn. Prob just an oversight if it's true.

some guy

Correction:

"... I doubt it was intentional..."

Meanie

Hill is about as talented as a bullfrog in heat. She doesn't sing, she bleats,... OFF KEY. Between the horrible intonation and bad lyrical timing, every time she opens her mouth near a mic, she sounds like a bleating goat giving birth. I don't know what I hate more about her - the fact that she gets pregnant like a 'effin rabbit, or that she's encouraged equally untalented non singers to believe THEY can sing too.

cindy

Who gives a rat's a*s. I don't think she's that great anyway.

Buckaroobonzai

she's just a skanky Rohan Marley lover.

lady

Sorry TMZ never heard of this lady and asked around and no one else has either. Must be 15 minutes of fame list!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments