joe pesci sues

I GOT FAT AND SCREWED

BY "GOTTI" EXECS

7/27/2011 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0727-joe-pesci-ex
Joe Pesci
is suing the producers of  "Gotti: In the Shadow of My Father," claiming his deal was so iron-clad, he gained 30 pounds for his role, only to be told he wasn't wanted anymore.

In the lawsuit, Pesci claims reps from Fiore Films offered him the critical role of Angelo Ruggiero, Gotti's close friend and enforcer. Pesci says he made a deal for $3 million.

But Pesci says after he was lured into making public statements about how happy he was to appear in the movie -- which stars John Travolta as John Gotti, Jr. -- the producers pulled the deal, claiming Pesci breached the deal by trying to back out.

Pesci claims he was offered a lesser role -- playing Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso -- for the lesser fee of $1 mil.

But this is the best part. Pesci's lawyer claims his client relied on the contract by assuming the character of Ruggiero in every respect: "[Pesci] has since ended his very strict and healthy diet, and has so far gained approximately 30 pounds in anticipation of playing Ruggiero, who was well known for his heavy and stocky build."

Pesci is suing for $3 million minimum, as well as punitive damages.

Producers tell us they are unaware of the lawsuit.

TGH

There should be an update on the main page regarding the site overhaul, which allows people to comment 'specifically' on the new site look as opposed to hijacking other news stories. Saying that, I'm going to hijack this one with my thoughts on the site overhaul:

It's a good, fresh, clean concept - however it's been poorly executed. Especially how the little photos at the very top are being overlapped, it looks awfully cheap.

Another thing, the new comments section is great for sure, it's just a shame we can't have an edit function, but I don't think it's too big of an issue really - the odd spelling mistake here and there isn't a big deal.

I will agree with what 'someone' said earlier (maybe use a quote function for the comments?) in that this new layout looks almost too 'tabloid'. It almost mimmicks the style of hundreds of other 'gossip' sites, which is exactly what you need to distance yourselves from. It really does hang on the edge of fresh/too tabloid. Maybe tone down the large capital letter headlines which screams "look at me, we need attention for this story".

Of course most of the time, people are stuck in the past and would prefer the older look which was somewhat dated. But one thing that I have noticed, is that I don't think I've ever seen a high quality resolution image of the TMZ logo - it always look pixelated, rough and poorly cut. You'd think the logo would be the most important aspect, yet it's been neglected for a long time now.

Thanks to anyone who has the patience to read all of this now anyway - not that it's actually much, but y'know, in this day and age..."if it isn't one line, I'm not reading it".

SLH

wow ... he could now play the father of his character on Casino

Edwood

Nice job Stuttering John.

You just knew this wasn't going anywhere with John associated to it.

Sandra

Whatever!! Hate the new format please go back to the old and user friendly one!!!!!

rose

They did the same thing to Lindsay, down graded her part for less money after she had commited

karinaMarron

Joe Pesci is perfect for this movie...why in the world would they settle for anyone else?? this is a real bad move and if i were joe id do the same thing! sue these suckers!!...in the end they'll be the ones losing out on this great talent!...love u joe pesci!!

TFR

John Travolta as Gotti, HA Lame

Emm

They did the same thing to Lindsay Lohan, offered her the Victoria role. Then reneged and offered her the daughter-in-law role.

Sue the b*st*rds...

DJ Fisher

I wanna play John Gotti Sr.

victoria

I don't think I would watch it anyway, seems to me the only one that shouldnt be playing any role is john travolta ! he doesnt even look the part of john gotti, john g was handsome im not travoltas fan anyway, he looks like a mutt. but without pesci its a failure just my opinion

en Todo Momento!!

uh, this man might want to now start to think about getting himself a military standard bullet proof escalade....i'm just saying.

Marc Metal

No Pesci, no ticket from me

LINNY

I am sure that Victoria Gotti and crew are micromanaging the hell out of this story and if allowed to continue to do so, willruin a pretty good flick. It was a foolish choice NOT to have Lindsay Lohan play Victoria Gotti...she may have issues personally, but the girl can act her ass off...paired with John Travolta nd JOE Pesci, they would have knocked this one out of the ballpark!

V-4-Vendetta

You couldn't pay me to watch that movie.

Tipster

That Fiore was a scam artist in the past as inside edition did a feature showing his shady past and criminal past now hes trying to scam Joe Pesci idiots never learn. they probaly didnt have the money and tried to use his name!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments