« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

U.S. Skier's Heartbreaking 911

"I'm Gonna Kill Myself"

7/28/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD **

Jeret Peterson 911 Call
U.S. Olympic
skier Jeret "Speedy" Peterson called 911 moments before he committed suicide Monday ... and while fighting back tears, the 29-year-old told the operator, "I'm going to kill myself."

Peterson then gave his location to the operator and said, "I want police to come get the body." He then hung up the phone.

Cops in Summit County, Utah responded to the spot where Peterson said he would be ... and found the skier's body "obviously deceased from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to the head."

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, Peterson left a suicide note ... but cops are not releasing it to the public.

Peterson was one of the best freestyle skiers in the world. He competed in 3 Olympics for the U.S.  ... winning a silver medal in Vancouver in 2010.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

karlew

WTF is wrong with you guys? How can you post this? Totally devoid of any respect, compassion and a soul.

David

I knew Jeret as an acquaintance, he was part of my outreach to wounded soldiers. I can only say that he struggled to stay in the light from the wounds of a childhood pedophile, the death of his sister by a drunk driver, the death of his best friend by gunshot in front of him. He was a courageous, complicated young man who lost the battle with his demons. I hope he and his family find some peace.

bellerina27

Why would you EVER post this?
BAD. BAD. BAD. Have some respect for his poor family. I would never listen to this.

Jessica

Why post this TMZ? This is a little low for even you guys. Seriously

RonBurgundy

If a 911 operator was irresponsible and someone didn't get there in time, everyone would want to hear that message load and clear...

Cannot have it both ways...

It is PUBLIC record.

HE should have thought about HIS family...not Harvey.

Amalia

My heart breaks for his family and friends. His voice echoes someone who is in pain and has lost his way. May he be at peace now.

norm abrams

Fine. Leave this crap up for the world to see. I WANT to see Harvey Levin, on TMZ Live tomorrow (Friday) discuss with Charles the reasoning TMZ used to post this hurtful 911 call for the world to listen to. Shame on you Harvey. Let's see if you are giggling like a little school girl when you are describing your reasoning.

aquanet

Just when TMZ is as low aa it can get, Harvey finds a shovel.

There is no reason for this. He and his family never did anything to anyone. Have some compassion for those he left behind. Harvey if it were your kid would you post this? Shame on you.

K

Harvey Weinloser is going to have alot to atone to this Yom Kippur! "WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD"...This warning is suppose to be TMZ way of showing respect, it pitiful!! This post is appalling and I know it will not make a difference if I never look at TMZ again but if we all do that do not agree with this post Harvey Weinloser just might have less money to count!!! Harvey Weinloser should put himself in Jeret Peterson parents and families place. Harvey Weinloser is disgusting and has no morals or respect!!!! No, I did not listen to the tape, the headline was enough for me!!

K

Harvey Wein**** is going to have alot to atone to this Yom Kippur! "WARNING -- THE 911 TAPE IS EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL AND VERY SAD"...This warning is suppose to be TMZ way of showing respect, it pitiful!! This post is appalling and I know it will not make a difference if I never look at TMZ again but if we all do that do not agree with this post Harvey Wein**** just might have less money to count!!! Harvey Wein******hould put himself in Jeret Peterson parents and families place. Harvey Wein**** is disgusting and has no morals or respect!!!! No, I did not listen to the tape, the headline was enough for me!!!

AntiSocialForum.com

At least he was true to his word.

2idiots

Pick-up the phone and call Warner Brothers CORPORATE OFFICES IN BURBANK. Let them know how you feel about Harvey's sinking to a new low (though I'm sure he'll sink lower with the next tragic story).

It's one thing to post your comments here, it's another to make a call so those at CORPORATE can hear when the readers have to say about Harvey's lack of compassion.

Lori

How did they get access to this? I hope you get successfully sued for enough money you feel it. There is a line, you crossed it. Disgusting.

norm abrams

Please post the number for Warner Bros offices. Let's flood the lines.

Tardis

Why would you post this?! Have a little decency! How would you feel if he was your son or brother?