« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest

One Month 'til WORLD PEACE

7/31/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0729-artest-worldpeace-EX
Ron Artest is a shameless self-promoter -- because over the last month, he had an L.A. newspaper print FOUR items about his new name ... and it could change the way he's identified forever.

Long story short -- anyone looking to officially change their name in the State of California has to get a public declaration of the name change PRINTED in a local newspaper 4 times -- once a week, 4 weeks in a row.

On July 19th, Ron's LAST declaration to become Metta World Peace was published in the L.A. Daily Commerce -- but the name change won't become official until August 26th ... when a judge is scheduled to sign the order.

Which means you have approximately four weeks to sell your Ron Artest jerseys.

0726-meta-world-peace-doc3

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

I still think he should've gone with "Metta Whirled Peas".

Anonymous527496

This guy is crazy! Wonder what his dad thinks since he was, or is a Jr. Didn't this guy admit to having mental issues? Why would the judge allow him to change his name if he's "a little off"?

Shread

He should have changed his name to Oprah. More fitting.

Jackie

Wow!..Where is peace in this World?

Joshua

Harvey: Answer me a question... As a legal and commercial real estate professional I always use the Daily Commerce (for obvious reasons). Do you ever see posts in the LAT or OCR? DC is the way to go, to me at least.

Meanie

Self important nut job.

some guy

Guess Metta's still smoking that crack. Doesn't the NBA give drug tests? Must've found some way around it.

Hotwheelz

I don't think the idiot can get any dumber..................loser

RonBurgundy

Narcissism is the personality trait of egotism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. In psychology, the term is used to describe both normal self-love and unhealthy self-absorption due to a disturbance in the sense of self.

Can't he just get a face tattoo like a normal thug?
The NBA has become more like pro wrestling....

Madison Grace

I don't know why TMZ keep giving this guy so much publicity. What's the difference between him and Chris Brown? Both have been charged with domestic abuse. I don't get it and I think Harvey should have a little more integrity.

Jane

Chaz Bono is not a celebrity...his parents were.

karlew

Yeah that's what his mama is gonna call him, Metta. Someone needs to tell him he's being stupid before the month is up.

Mikey

Artest the guy who was suspended for 73 for jumping into the stands during a game and throwing punches at a fan is calling himself World Peace?. Whats next, Hitler calling himself Lovie?

Shay

At a beauty contest:
Announcer: What is your greatest wish?
Contestant: To have World Peace
Later...
Artest to contestant: Hey baby, I heard you wanted me... Here I am!!!!

Meanie

A douche by any other name is STILL a douche.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments