Lauryn Hill

Accused of Being a NIGHTMARE

Behind the Scenes

8/7/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_lauryn_hill_EX
Lauryn Hill
would constantly verbally abuse members of her band behind the scenes of her European tour in 2007 ... so says an ex-band member who filed a new lawsuit against the former Fugees singer.

Professional guitar player Jay Gore has filed new legal docs in his war with Hill -- in which he claims she stiffed him out of thousands of dollars after playing Hill's tour.

In the docs, Gore says Hill was a total monster backstage -- claiming she "exhibited the type of behavior for which she had gained public notoriety which contributed to a hostile work environment."

Gore says, "After shows, Hill would demand that the musicians and road support personnel attend meetings where she would engage in a person-by-person critique and berating."

He continues, "At one point, Hill made a statement in front of the tour personnel to the effect that 'I can't believe I am paying you fools, you should be paying me.'"

Gore says he now wants more than $20k for his troubles. His lawyer, Nicholas Andrea, tells us, "We believe there are other musicians who have been mistreated by Ms. Hill in a similar manner who are reluctant to stand up for their rights and this lawsuit gives them a voice as well.”

Calls to Hill's rep have not been returned.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Yep, she's just a bitch!

Franc

You're just noticing she's mentally ill? And she keeps popping out crazy kids that'll wind up on welfare when Mommy is carted away to the loony bin.

Queeny

James Brow, Godfather of Soul, supposedly made his band members pay a fine for every beat they screwed up. He allegedly pointed to them during his concerts, so they knew - Oh Oh, I screwed up!
You don't reach perfection without criticism.

Jim Letourneau

The guys get shirts. When I f*cking move, I slice like a ******* Hammer. Does Paul Anka get a free pass after propping up Harvey?

Allison

doesn't surprise me,shes a racist

Jean

The same woman who once wished all white babies to die in their mothers' wombs is now a nightmare?

Go figure.

Cujeaux

I wish this banshee would disappear. She hasn't had a hit record in 2 decades, her music sucks and she's butt ugly as sin.

Bad Motherhugger

Another "all filler, no killer"-article on TMZ. Reports of her obnoxious behaviour on that tour have been on the internet for years and TMZ already reported on that lawsuit in another article.

Eddie

Yep, totally true. I worked with one former member of her band earlier this year and he said the exact same things about the berating after the show, rehearsals at all hours, wildy erratic behavior, etc. But if Jay Gore had his wits about him, he would've taped a few of these 'band meetings' and blessed the General Public with a Buddy Rich-styled pastiche for all of us to hear!! Where's the tapes, Jay??

jpalmettoguy

"id rather starve than have white people buy my album." - Lauren Hill

racist has-been.

Criss

""id rather starve than have white people buy my album." - Lauren Hill"

Are you basing this on the alleged comment that some caller mentioned on Howard Stern's show?

Criss

BigHoss

She's old news

Meanie

This talentless twot should never be allowed on stage. She should stick to what she's good at - squeezing out illegitimate brats. She "sings" and breeds like a bleating goat.

Bad Motherhugger

It's sad how this "Lauryn Hill is a racist" nonsense is repeated over and over again, especially by people who can't even spell her name. It's BS. It takes less than 30 seconds to find that out.

She was a nice young talented girl who grew up to become either a narcissistic diva-bitch or a person with severe mental problems. My money is on the latter, but that's just my opinion.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments