Mr. Bean

Hospitalized After Wrecking

Super-Expensive Exotic Car

8/5/2011 6:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_bean_BN2
Mr. Bean
is a VERY lucky man ... because the guy WRECKED the hell out of his MILLION DOLLAR McLaren F1 sports car last night ... and was only hospitalized for a minor shoulder injury.

According to U.K. reports, the 56-year-old comedic actor -- real name Rowan Atkinson -- was driving in England around 7:30 PM last night ... when he lost control of the car, spun three times, ran into a tree and hit a signpost.

Bean was taken to a nearby hospital where he is being treated for the shoulder injury. His car wasn't so lucky -- the entire back end was absolutely crushed.

The worst part -- the McLaren F1 is so rare, there are only 100 of them in the world.

Rowan's rep tells TMZ ...  Rowan is "all fine and going home [from the hospital] soon."

0816_crash_footer

Hep

You've got a typo in there. It's ROWAN Atkinson.

some guy

Somehow... this story doesn't really surprise me.

Hep

Thank you! I'm a frustrated proofreader.

Jackie

How does TMZ get news which already passed.I leave in Europe and I saw the news on TV yesterday.

jackie

Now 99!

some guy

Wonder how fast Rowan was going. That car looks like it was sliced in 2. Where's the other half? Strewn across the road, I'll bet.

Damn... didn't think Mr. Bean would be a speed junkie.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Oh no, Mr. Bean!

to Jackie - TMZ spreads it's other stories over days if there are more interesting ones they can get more feedback from first. kinda annoying at times.

freaksloan

Most people who buy a McLaren F1 end up wrecking it. It is too much car and they don't have a clue what they are doing.

KingMikeJ

TMZ are about 15 hours late with this story...

PRO US

A comedic actor who spends $1 million on a car and wrecks it? Why is that not surprising? Never found Mr. Bean's skits funny. He hurt his shoulder? Too bad. Wishing him a quick and full recovery. Glad he didn't hurt anyone else with his crappy driving. Maybe he should drive a normal car he can handle and control next time, like a Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, Ford or Chrysler? Mr. Bean does have a funny face with egg on it.

3Storms

It amazes me how many tards think that just because they can afford expensive sports cars they think they can automatically handle such things

some guy

So how much do the other F1's go up in value now? I remember reading a story in a Maxim magazine about some guy who crashed a Ferrari that only ~100 were made. Others jumped by I don't remember how much but it wasn't pennies.

RamHead

Maybe because I'm a black person my sense of humor is not on par with what's considered "normal", but whether this guy played Mr. Bean, Blackadder, a cop in The thin blue line or secret agent Johnny English, he didn't make me laugh.
But the same goes for Two and a half men, The king of queens, Will and Grace and other comparable programs. They're just too fabricated, too much staged.
I don't know why Atkinson lost control of his car, but hopefully he'll recover.

some guy

STFU RamHead. Nobody asked you. Go away.

Tim

Glad he's gonna be ok !!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments