Charlie Sheen

Ashton SAVED My Career!

8/8/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0805_sheen_kutcher_getty_ex
Charlie Sheen
is extremely grateful that Ashton Kutcher replaced him on "Two and a Half Men" -- telling TMZ, if Ashton hadn't taken his old spot ... Charlie would never have been able to kick-start his career.

According to Charlie, his funeral on the show just adds some closure to the story -- telling us, “I have always been told that I have 9 lives, so it is going to be amazing to witness my own funeral which is clearly a win/win situation because Ashton has just given me a 10th."

As we previously reported, Charlie is making a huge comeback after "Men" -- announcing his brand new TV project based on "Anger Management."

But something tells us, Ashton won't be getting a "Thank You" letter in the mail.

0805_a_funeral_photos_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Melanie

Charlie Sheen is right. He has a new show coming out. I think he out grew his old character.

Max

Hey Charlie, how does dust taste after you have bitten it? I imagine Charlie ten years from now sitting in a landromat doing his laundry, when he's finished he gets up, goes to his beater of a car and drives to Ashton's house asking for a handout. He then goes to the local pub to have a shot and a beer, then home. You see charlie, what was once a great thing has turned out to be your demise. You will never survive and be successful at a comeback, it's over, go, give up and go to sleep. I've never heard of anyone messing up as bad as you have, I mean come on, quitting $2,000,000 an episode!!!! MORON!

Tedd Van Duyne

Boycott Comedy Central on Monday, September 19!!
Charlie Sheen, living on his old man's name, chose to throw his career away. Winning? LOSER!
For whatever reason, Comedy Central has given this irresponsible, narcissistic, "celebrity" a renewed importance by hosting a "roast" on the day his former series resumes. What won't Comedy Central do for a buck???
How can you NOT be incensed by the antics of this pampered prima donna?? He's an ACTOR! How does he actually contribute to the good of society?
Millions of formerly hardworking Americans are unemployed, and Comedy Central gives time to THIS guy? What does it say about us as a society that they bank that even the unemployed will watch this reprobate? JUST SAY NO!
What the **** (choose your own adjective) is wrong with us that we continue to allow this kind of madness?? If the guy who collects my garbage doesn't show up, I know if right away. If Charlie Sheen is not on TV...hey! I don't really care!
Come on America! Put the EMphasis on the right SLYablle. Boycott Comedy Central on Monday, 9/19!

caveman

you hateful complainers will just have to see. i dont hope the 2n a half men flop and i wish ashton well, but the truth is, charlie has a huge following, charlie made the show cause it portrayed his actual life, same with anger management, im sure ill watch them both and let you know.

Antonio

Kutcher,deslike me go with your granny Demi

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7