President Obama

GARGANTUAN Tip

After Burger Lunch

8/11/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0810_barack_obama_lunch_EXD

President Obama's personal credit rating seems to be doing just fine -- because the Commander-In-Chief slapped down some plastic to cover the bill at a burger lunch yesterday ... and tipped more than 35%.

Obama hit up Ted's Bulletin restaurant in D.C. yesterday where he surprised a group of campaign volunteers who had won an essay contest.

Sources connected to the restaurant tell TMZ ... the President ordered a plain cheeseburger, fries, and side salad ... and an ice cold glass of water to wash it down.

We're told Obama asked for the bill personally -- and picked up the tab for the entire group on his credit card. In total, with tip, Obama dropped over $200.

One person who was inside the restaurant tells us, "He couldn't have been nicer."

The "surprise" wasn't as impromptu as it seemed ... we're told secret service swept through the restaurant with a K9 unit earlier that day -- and the restaurant was closed to the public.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Hello is anybody in there?

Paid by the taxes payer BTW your welcome!

Cartman

Michelle is gonna kick his ass for eating such unhealthy food.

And I'm sure the charge will end up on his expense account.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I don't care what your political beliefs are. if you have ever worked as a waitress or waiter, you are more than grateful for customers like that!

Jackie

Ahh!!...wasting Taxes payer money...wow! Good Job Sir.

Cartman

It's only right that he tip big when they have to shut down the restaurant just for him.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Well, it could have been lobster or a steakhouse..........

John 8:32

As a black man who was born and raised in America... I salute you. For not only being one of the most incredible human beings on this planet, but for what you will soon be in our history as a second term president.

"A total class act!"

God Bless You !!

President, Obama

mrspatrickcampbell

When you have been living off the public(i.e., the taxpayers) payroll for your entire 'career', well then leaving $200 is just chump change!

Reyna38

oh come one dude... we are suffering cus soon we shall all be broke and your giving this money that is`nt your away ........... come on.........

CasuMarzu

Does that credit card have a background picture of people standing in an unemployment line?

me

only thang this pos wants to do is put america under the bus he needs voted out

Rhody

Politican running for re-election with the whole world watching. Does anyone think he wouldn't leave a big tip?

Daniel Mountain

A lot of embittered Republicans here, I take it.

some guy

I bet Obama wants to know what I think about him...

Cujeaux

I ate a hamburger today too in case anyone is interested.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments