Adam Carolla

'When Did We Start Giving a Sh*t'

About Transgender People?

8/15/2011 2:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0815_homophobic_rant_adam_corolla_exd
Adam Carolla went on a SHOCKING anti-LGBT tirade last week, asking, "When did we start giving a sh*t about these [transgender] people?" -- and now GLAAD is doing everything they can to yank him from the podcast-universe.

Adam recorded the rant as part of his podcast for "The Adam Carolla Show" -- insisting LGBT people should drop the acronym LGBT and start using "YUCK" instead.

And now, the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation is reaching out to its allies in the entertainment industry to pull him from the air -- telling TMZ, “The gross intolerance that [Adam] tries to pass off as comedy should not have a place on our airwaves.”

Adam has a history of making anti-gay remarks on his podcast -- two years ago, Adam also claimed gay parents were "not as good as" straight parents.

Adam had no comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tony C

Way to go Adam Carolla! Stick to your guns.

Bud

About the same time the transgendered, er, I mean your mom and dad, quit giving a chit about you :)

Steve

I have to agreee with Adam, this equality **** is getting ridiculous. GLAAD needs to ease up and seriously grow a pair. Anytime someone says one little homo word, they jump all over them and tell people to respect them. I have many gay friends who agree with me and have told me that there are plenty of gay comedians that completely trash hetero people, do hetero's care no, because it is FREE SPEECH BITCHES!

Discordia

When did we start giving a sh*t about Adam Corolla's sexist hate-mongering. If he doesn't care, then he can shut up.

chris

I agree with him 100%. Keep on doin what you do Adam!!!

lolmom

What?! A comedian made a joke?!?! HOW DARE HE......

Cujeaux

Tell us how you really feel Adam you dumbass. What is it with all of the bigotry exhibited by comedians these days? They can't think of anything more original than that and bathroom humor? He's got a big mouth. I never like him or found him funny.

mark

oh geez! that was not homophobic. Adam Corolla makes fun of everyone, including himself.

two cents

He had a comment. You didn't like it. Since when can't we (as Americans) have an OPINION anymore? He doesn't like gays, so what? This PC world gone mad, now we have to cater to everyone. At least he has to balls to say what he thinks.

AntiSocialForum.com

Another TMZ story pushing their pro-freak agenda

Superman

It was kinda wishy-washy. It sounded like he supports gays, but doesn't care for transgenders because they're so few of them. And he said, "Shouldn't [LBGT] spell something like 'YUCK'?" as opposed to not spelling something at all. Therefore, TMZ and LBGT are getting their panties in twist over nothing.

anony

I think I feel the same way he does about it: it's not that we do or don't care about these people, it's just that we're sick of hearing about it
every
single
day now.......

missy

Funny how the LGBT believes in freedom of speech and demonstration only when it pertains to their group. If you don't like what Adam's saying, STOP LISTENING TO IT!!

Just like I don't care to see PDA by the LGBT, I look the other way instead of trying to ban it.

It's only ok when it's YOUR way, right??? You need lose that chip on your shoulder and stop being so sensitive.

missy

Funny how the LGBT believes in freedom and demonstration only when it pertains to their group. If you don't like what Adam's saying, STOP LISTENING TO IT!!

It's only ok when it's YOUR way, right???

imarko